Chapter 40 - Kept in the dark

Katana went ahead and grabbed the police officers staff from her, snapped it in half and threw it to the ground. She wasn't up to fighting tonight, so she quickly snatched her katana and looked back at the woman who was scared.

"I was never here. Got it?" and with that, she kicked the door open and went out another window, not being seen by anyone else.

She attached the katana to her hip and found her way back to her sister. Together they ran out of that city as fast as they could, even using the remainders of any quirk she copied to get out faster.

- - -

Deku had gone home thinking she was sleeping at the hospital, now he was kicking himself for being that stupid. And Katana was relieved to think things through and act "normal". Even though she had no idea how much that would've helped her.

While the heroes were going crazy searching for her and Anna, only few days later, the girls had arrived at the bottom of the mountain they lived on.

Katana had chosen to stay quiet the whole time and so had Anna, but the silence was killing her now.

"It's safe to talk now so... what's going on? Where have you been? What happened when-"

She looked her sister in the face and saw tears running down her cheeks. 

"K-Katana? Why are you crying?" she wrapped an arm over her shoulder to try and comfort her while they walked up the many, many stairs.

"They tried to help me... it didn't work. And then I was suddenly on this rooftop I've been on a couple of times, kissing the angry hero from last year..."

"What?" Anna asked perplexed.

Katana then proceeded to fill her sister in on everything that had been going on while she was locked in that hospital room. From the night they got taken away to Eri giving trying to give her memories back. All of it.

It's not like there was much to tell, but that's exactly why it bothered her so much. She didn't know. the universe was keeping her in the dark about her own life.

"Wow... I-I don't know what to say."

The sisters stopped when they stood in front of the large gates leading them to their home. The white haired girl looked up and then back to her sister before she spoke.

"There's nothing to say. I don't know who I am anymore, all because of that bastard. I'm happy that my quirk could help you but..." she took a deep breath and closed her eyes.

"I can't help but think about the life that could've been. Is that bad?" she looked down at her katana and gripped onto it before she pushed the gates open, leaving her sister speechless.

"Welcome home, Katana. Anastasia." one of the butlers greeted them as they walked inside.

"Thank you."

"May I ask, where is your father?"

"Some villains took him but it's fine. We'll get him back." Katana didn't even look at him as she walked away with Anna close behind her.

"And then I'll kill him myself." both the girls thought.

- - -

Middle of the night

"What about you? What have you been doing for the week?" Katana asked Anna to stay with her tonight for comfort.

"They'd come in my room and ask me questions about you and what we were doing there that night. Other than that I've just been thinking of 13 ways I could kill our dear father."