ix. all is fair in love and surgery

Start from the beginning

"Very eco friendly, Lex." Aliya nodded along with her friend, the worried expression still on Lexie's face as she poured coffee into her mug.

Mer scoffed. "Wait, Aliya why are you here?"

Aliya brought the coffee cup to her lips. "I don't know how to answer that except I live here."

Mer pouted, shoving Aliya in the shoulder. "I thought you had work?"

Aliya slurped on her coffee annoyingly, causing her to receive a death stare from Alex. "Yeah, but I'm on my break and I was hungry and in need of free coffee instead of overpriced lattes, why are we lecturing them?"

"Alex slept with Lexie."

Lexie groaned and buried her face in her hands.

"I gathered that when you described sex as 'mashing your genitals'." Aliya said, scrunching her nose up. "Anyways, I knew that already, I walked past your door, you guys are extremely loud."

Alex rolled his eyes. "Thanks for the reaction by the way."

"Learn how to shut a door, or at least put a sock on it if you don't want me and my reactions." Aliya replied matter-of-factly, and Alex narrowed his eyes at his friend, giving her a death stare.

Lexie, who was still hyperventilating, emerged from her burrow. "Oh, crap! I am a dirty mistress. Oh, God. You're gonna tell Derek, and then Derek's gonna tell Mark that I'm a whοre!"

"You're not a whore, Lexie." Aliya patted the brunette on the shoulder, offering her a pop tart which she accepted, biting into it sadly.

"No, I am not going to tell Derek." Meredith assured, her hands on her hips. "And neither are you, and you're not gonna say anything. We are keeping our mouths shut. Izzie is coming home."

Aliya dropped her pop tart on the floor. "Shoot!" She picked it up quickly, shoving it onto the counter with a grim expression. "Izzie's coming home?"

"Yes." Meredith said with a firm nod. "And no one else is going to know."

In that moment as if on cue, Izzie appeared in the doorway, a suitcase in one hand and a duffel bag in the other. The blonde stopped short, widening her eyes as she heard the tail end of the current conversation. "Know what?"

Meredith watched Richard turn the corner before she returned her stare to the surgery board where 'WEBBER, R' was written next to the Whipple, replacing Dr. Bailey's name that was once there.

Jackson was also looking at the board, his eyebrows knotted with a puzzled expression.

Richard was the Chief, the pair guessed he could easily put his name on a surgery that wasn't even his.

"Are you going to stop grinning anytime soon?" Jackson broke the silence, averting his gaze to Meredith, who somehow had forgotten that her sister had just slept with her friend's husband.

The older Grey sister swivelled around to face him, a smile dancing across her lips. "I'm going to dissect the neck of the pancreas from the portal vein."