Ch 2: Party Time

I sat at the table with my mother eating breakfast.

"He did what!" She said.

"Don't tell dad" I said. "JJ pulled a gun to Topper's head. Granted he was literally beating the shit out of John B but still pulled a gun to him."

"Is Topper alright?" She asked.

"I texted him last night and this morning to make sure. Rafe grabbed me when he shot the bullets and just ran to the car" I said.

"I knew those were some bad kids the second she started being friends with them" she said.

"They're not bad kids mom. They have good hearts although sometimes they aren't the best influence they're good people" I said. "Don't tell Kiara I told you about last night she'll never trust me again."

She nodded grabbing my bowl.

"Thanks for breakfast mom" I said grabbing my phone.

I noticed I had a text from Topper. I quickly opened it. He sent a thumbs up.

"Top just texted me he's fine" I yelled.

"Dad wants to know if you can open the restaurant and we'll be there around noon" she said.

"Yeah let me change" I said.

I walked upstairs to my room changing into leggings and one of Toppers band shirts I stole when we were sophomores. I grabbed my white converse tying them up. I walked back down the stairs to the kitchen looking for my keys. I found my dad making himself breakfast.

"Have you seen my keys?" I asked.

"Should be in the bowl" he said.

"I looked there" I said.

"Actually Kiara was driving it I think the keys will be in her room" he said.

I rolled my eyes walking back up the steps to Kiara's room to find my keys on her dresser.

"Unbelievable" I said snatching them.

I ran back down the stairs walking to the door.

"I'll see you guys later" I yelled walking out the door. "Love you."

I heard an I love you from my father before shutting the door. I clicked the unlock button on my key fob walking up to the door. I opened it to find it the same way I had left it besides the seat leaned back. I jumped in driving to the Wreck. I grabbed my phone putting it in my pocket. I looked at the key ring looking for the key to the restaurant. I opened the door walking in instantly jumping.

"Jesus christ Kie! What the fuck" I said walking to the counter.

"I didn't want to go home" she said.

"Why didn't you stay at John B's?" I asked turning on all the lights.

"Didn't want to see JJ after last night" she said.

"How did my keys end up back at the house?" I asked

"Brought them back then walked here" she said.

"Since you're here want to help me set up?" I asked.

She nodded her head jumping off the table. I walked to the freezer grabbing food.

"Sorry about calling JJ psycho" I said walking out.

"It's okay, I know you didn't mean it" she said.

I smiled as the cooks walked in. Hours passed by and it was nearing 5. Kelce walked in smiling.

"Party at Tops, you in?" He asked.