Actions Have Consequences

Chapter 1 - Plans

'Wake up in the morning feeling like P Diddy. Grab my glasses, I'm out the door, I'm gonna hit this city.' I listened to Ke$ha's 'Tik Tok' through my iPod speakers as I painted my toe nails a warm baby blue color. 'Before I leave, brush my -'

"Taylor, can you come down here for a minute?" Mom called from downstairs.

"Hang on!" I muted the speakers and then replaced the lid of the nail polish. I slid off the bed and waddled along my six hundred dollar beige carpet on the balls of my feet, which nearly caused me my life when I tried to go down the glass staircase.

My Mom stood in the hall watching me bump down the stairs one at a time on my bottom. "Taylor, honey, it's okay if you get the nail polish on the stairs, we'll just replace it."

"No, I don't want you going off and buying new stairs," I said, even though I didn't have a care in the world. "So, what did you want me for?"

"I just need to make sure that you're still alright with being left alone for a week, so are you?" She and my Dad we're heading off to LA for a week, giving me the opportunity to go crazy.

"Mom, I'm going to be fine. You know that I'm responsible enough." Well, no, I was completely irresponsible but she didn't know that.

She smiled, "I know. Just remember to do your homework!" She laughed and so did I. The truth was, I never did my homework, it was all just thrown in the trash.

My parents thought I was the perfect teenager who always did her homework, had good manners and was well behaved, but all of it was just an act. If they knew what I was really like then I'd be grounded forever. I even had to change clothes when I went to school! I'd leave the house wearing a decent outfit and then change into a mini skirt, short shirt and stiletto high heels once I had arrived.

"Right, so are you going out tonight?" She asked.

"Yeah, if that's okay?"

"Fine by me. Me and you're father will be packing our suitcases anyway. So who are you going with?"

"Chelsea, Ruby, Liz, Jason, Brandon, Scott and James." I ran my fingers through my honey blond hair - and extensions. The eight of us - four girls and four boys - were a group of friends who always hung out with each other, but yet, none of us was dating each other.

She nodded, obviously interested, "Ah, okay, so where are you all going?"

I quickly ran through the lies in my head and picked the best one. "We're going to 'The Waterfront' for a meal and then we're going to the movies." I smiled slyly at my talent of telling believable lies, because we weren't doing anything like that at all. Instead, we were going to the 'Blue Crush' nightclub and then going back to Jason's house for the night.

"Do you need money?" She turned around, picked up her posh handbag and took out her purse, smiling encouragingly at me.

"Yes, please," I replied. That would be the money for the drinks sorted.

She handed me one hundred dollars and she went back to sunbathing beside the pool. My toe nails had dried so I ran up the staircase, now able to walk with both feet flat on the ground. I put the speakers back on and tidied up the nail polish. My iPhone vibrated from my bed. I flopped backwards down onto the soft mattress which molded into my shape and then I answered my phone. "Hey, Rubs, what's up?" Ruby was possibly my ultimate best friend, everyone else came in second.

"Hey, Tay', you still up for tonight?" she asked. Ruby was the one who had arranged it anyway.

"Yeah. My Mom thinks we're going to the movies so she gave me one hundred dollars, laugh moment! That's way more than enough for a meal and a movie, but it's going to be spent on drink anyway, " I smiled at Ruby's laugh of excitement.