Chapter 8 - Consequences

Start from the beginning

The boy nodded, letting the man rise to his feet and pull out his phone. Taking a few steps back he glanced around before dailing the emergency number, quickly putting the phone up to his ear as it started ringing.

Meanwhile, the greenette continued to cry on the ground, his breathing softening as an immense amount of relief filled his core. He was free. He was free and he was going home— home to his beloved mother.

Midoriya's heart clenched horribly inside his chest at the thought of his worried mother, already hearing her quivering voice letting him know how much she loves and missed him.

The image made him feel warmer, a wobbly smile settling over his freckled features. Izuku looked up as he heard the man start speaking with the safety telecommunicator, reciving a reassuring smile as the two of them made eyecontact.

That's when something in the corner of his eye cought his attention.

Looking past the man and into the dark void of the alley, the boy froze, his smile instantly dropping along with the oxygen in his lungs. His heart started beating faster as purple smoke fizzled out of thinn air; creating something he'd olny seen in sci fi movies.

Before anyone could react— a familliar looking hand shot out of the misty portal, grabing the brunette forcefully by the neck with practised fingers. Startled, the man let out a yelp, his hands flying to his throat on instinct, the phone falling down to the ground; cracking on inpact.

Midoriya watched helplessly as the hand's owner stepped out of the portal, Tomura's red eyes glowering at him from behind the grey hand covering his enraged expression. Before his new hostage could struggle against him, Shigaraki dugg four of his nails into the tender skin; tugging the man back untill he was flush against him.

"Don't try anything funny, or I'll swear to kill you on the spot!" Tomura hissed, his words laced with venom as he spoke.

As the man stilled, Tomura turned his buring gaze back at the paralized boy, looking at him with so much hatred Izuku thought he'd combust.

"So you like running, huh?" Asked the blue haird villain as he brought his free hand up, scratching the already flaked skin under his yaw with slight aggression. "Well then, let's give you a choice, yeah?"

Izuku only stared at the scene infront of him, guilt taking over as he saw the petrified look upon the poor man's face.

"Since your dreams of becoming a hero are slimmer than All Might retiring, I'm gonna give you the chance of being this guy's hero, a once in a life time opportunity. All you have to do is come back like a good little brat and take his place."

"Or," the scratchy voice lowered, his tone getting more twisted as he carried on. "You can leave him behind to die, giving you enough time to run along to the next one."

"No!—" The greenette exclaimed, instantly getting up on his knees. "Please don't hurt him, I'll— I'll go with you, just please ... please let go of him."

Just as Shigaraki opened his mouth to speak, a distant sound made him pause, his head tilting in the same direction as the noise. Midoriya went silent aswell, holding his breath as he perked his ears.

Sirens.

Police sirens screamed in the distance, only getting louder and louder. Izuku instantly looked down at the broken phone, gasping slightly once he saw that the call was still on behind the damaged screen.

A flicker of hope settled inside him once more. All he had to do now was stay long enough for the police to get there, keep the villain distracted.