L.A.R.R.Y

I dreamed about this plot and I woke up at six am with all these ideas I couldn't let slip away.

So since six am, til now that is around one in the morning of the next day, I haven't stopped writing.

I might be collapsing.
But damn I loved writing this one.

It has around 10k words, so enjoy :)

Mag 🦋

Letters And Roses Recalling You.

- I edited the whole thing. April 2023. -

[ Harry's POV.]

First day of the week, Monday.
Only one thing in mind, get to work, do my job and return home with my mother.

My mother and I were all alone in this city, no one else to rely on, no one else to be worried about. We didn't have anyone else and we promised to protect each other from everything since we first moved to town a few years ago.

She had always been like that, protective. But she got worse when I had to recover from the posttraumatic amnesia I had a couple of years before. Which was also the main reason for us to move.
We moved from Liverpool to Manchester and we both started over, we both fought to leave all the trauma behind. She got a new job and I made a place for myself in a well-known real estate agency.

Year after year, I started getting better, stronger, and for the most part, I didn't need my mother's overprotection all the time. Even if she had a good reason.
I was slowly starting to notice how lonely we looked from the outside, how reserved.

But, over all, it was for the best.
Just another way of being safe.

So, this morning as I sat behind my desk at the office, just like any other, I looked out of the window of my office and sighed in content.
Life was perfect that way.

Today I just had to go through some papers, round some prices for the new properties and call the new owners of the Brown's house to give them their house deeds.

When I felt like my brain was ready to start functioning, right after finishing my usual cup of coffee, I started to take the binders out of my shelves when I saw Patrice, my assistant, entering through the door of my office with a big bouquet of white roses. She settled it on top of my paperwork and looked at me with a huge and excited smile on her face.

"Excuse me?" - I asked her.

"Sorry Mr. Styles. These just arrived for you."

"Who sent them?" - I asked, taking the flowers and placing them on the floor.

"I don't know, but there's a letter on them." - She said, her voice full of excitement.

"Good, thanks Patrice. Oh, and before you go, remember to bring me the papers of Brown's house."

"On it." - She said, leaving my office.

Before doing anything else, I searched for the letter in between the flowers.
I guessed they were probably from one of my clients, thanking me for the selling of their property.
Maybe it was one the buyers, thanking me for getting them a good deal.
Other than that, nobody else could ever know where to find me. Except for my mother of course.

I inspected the flowers from close, still looking for the card, now more intrigued than before.

White roses, my favorites.
But nobody knew that apart from my mother.