"Ercole?" Luca said disbelievingly.

"Who else would it be, piccoletto?"

"What are you doing here?" Luca asked.

"I'm here to see what a disastro this race is going to be," Ercole said, tearing off one of the flags and stomping it with his boot.

"What? You want to participate? I think we can lump you in with the Jr. Contestants." Alberto said, crossing his arms and smirking. "Then you might have a chance."

Ercole was considerably older than Luca and Alberto. Since he lied about his age so much, Luca wasn't sure exactly how much older. But he suspected Ercole to be roughly twenty-five years old now. He wasn't the skinny teenager that used to bully them when they were kids. Luca couldn't help but shrink away from him and the group of guys surrounding him. Something about them, the way they carried themselves, the way they all looked at Luca in particular... they weren't just here to gloat. They looked dangerous.

"Ha! Very funny - Mongrel," Ercole said, putting venom in the last word as his eyes locked on Alberto. "But I will not be staying for your stupid race. We are only passing through to collect some money the town owes my family."

"What does that mean?" Alberto snapped back.

"It means that you idiote have ruined everything!" Ercole spat. The guys behind him nodded and rubbed their fists, looking at Alberto and Luca.

Luca's heart began to race with fear.

"Alberto, let's just go," Luca said, tugging his arm. But Alberto ignored him.

"You Sea Monsters have kicked my family out of this town. MY town." Ercole said using the old verbiage, and with so much hate, Luca nearly turned and ran. He could see Alberto tense up, ready for a fight.

"My family owns the world's largest shipping company. We used to ship fish to this town because the fisherman here was so bad. We used to OWN this town! But now that the Sea Monsters have moved in suddenly, they don't need help with fishing anymore." Ercole finished.

"I don't see the problem," Alberto replied. "The town is doing well on its own, AND we can get rid of you. I say it's a win-win." He said, smirking.

Luca watched the guys behind Ercole step closer, their hands in fists.

"Alberto, come on!" Luca said, tugging Alberto harder. Their eyes met, and Alberto dropped his hands.

"Whatever, get what you came for and leave," Alberto said, already turning to go. Giulia blew raspberries at them before following suit.

"Oh, and one more thing," Alberto said, turning back to them. "This is MY town now, Ercole. Now get out of it."

~.~.~.~.~.~

Alberto POV

Alberto couldn't sit still. He paced the living room of their home, still fuming with anger.

"I can't believe that weasel had the nerve to show his face here again," Alberto said loud enough for Luca and Giulia to hear. They sat on the couch, watching Alberto pace.

"Well, from the sounds of it, that will be the last time we see his catfish face," Giulia said, leaning back and biting her nails.

"It better be," Alberto said, still seething.

He couldn't believe that Ericole had the guts to show himself again. The people of Portorosso loved and accepted the Sireni. But Ericole never did. He continued to persecute them whenever he got the chance. It continued so much that the town's people finally got tired of it and shunned him away. He left to live on his family's estate after that and didn't come back... until now.

Storm and Sea - Book 1जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें