LISA - IRENE

"No, no way!" Lisa stared incredibly at the 50 year old middle-aged man.

"My daughter, don't be so unfeeling." The middle-aged man begged.

He is Lisa's biological father, Marco.

"How am I unfeeling? Do you even know what you're asking? Your only daughter finally managed to graduate University and enter society. Instead of being happy, you ask her to infiltrate a hotel as a spy to steal other people's private information?!" The more she thought about it, the angrier she got.

This morning, the school had just held the graduation ceremony, signaling her turn from student into adulthood. She had planned to stay in Thailand a few more days before returning home, but didn't expect her Dad to come knocking at her door. He informed her there were important matters he needed to discuss with her, so they both rushed back home overnight to Korea.

Marco has always had an easy-going personality about everything. To see him so insistent this time really startled Lisa, so she immediately bought the tickets for the ride home. Who knew her Dad's so-called "big" problem was actually such an outrageous plan.

"Dad knows this kind of thing is wrong, but you have to think about my situation. I also have difficulties!" If he hadn't been so desperate, then he wouldn't have involved his daughter at all.

"Don't mention difficulties to me!" Lisa rolled up her sleeves, ready to fire back. "You said before that during the holiday's it will be hard to find a room. So why not open a B & B and take advantage of the situation. It would be an easy business venture, you said. But how come we are in so much debt?"

That evening, when they arrived home, there was a sumptuous dinner waiting for her. This was the so-called "feast" her Dad so anxiously rushed her home for. She secretly surmised something was up. Indeed, not long after dinner, her Dad suddenly revealed he carried one hundred and fifty million Won debts. She almost choked to death on the rice upon hearing the news.

"Oh, well it's a long story..." Marco began hesitantly.

"You have that kind of money to lend to others?" Lisa narrowed her eyes.

"No no no." Marco hurried to explain, "This time I have absolutely no money to lend. I just helped co-signed for some people... Oh, no!"

Marco could only cover his mouth after realizing his gaffe.

"Co-sign?!" Sure enough, after realizing what her Dad did, she went on a rage. "Didn't I tell you not to lend your friends any more money? This time you even co-signed?! Such an important thing, why didn't you talk to me first? I am really mad at you!"

"If I talked to you first, you would've stopped me." Marco says innocently.

"Exactly!" Lisa bellowed.

Her Dad doesn't smoke, drink, or gamble. His only shortcoming was his gullibility, which will be the death of him.

Having lived this long, but still getting swindled by people who are so-called friends. They would shamelessly beg him for money until he relented. Disregarding their own situation, he would still hand over the money. She really doesn't know if her Dad is a savior or a fool?

Lisa really admired her gentle and beautiful Mom, who is in heaven, who was able to put up with this man for so many years. She struggled so much throughout their marriage, but was still in love with him until she died.

"Oh, yes, you don't really know. This uncle is really poor. He went to Jeju to do business but it failed. He came back and said he wanted to try fishing, but had no ship or equipment. Those who have, will make a lot of money he said. But he didn't expect that the first time out, the ship got damaged..."