4

I went towards her door and knocked making the crying stop. "What do you want?" She asked on the other side of the door.

"Open up." I demanded, she still had to do what I told her. She opened the door and kept wiping her eyes. "Let me in." I pushed the door open and she walked into her bathroom leaving the door open. She turned on the water and I waited standing. I closed her door and she walked back out. "Why are you crying?" I asked and she went right to her bed and hugged a pillow tightly.

"You wouldn't understand." She whispered and curled up a bit.

"Try me, I wasn't in a prison for chopping up roses." I told her and started looking around.

"I didn't do anything bad... it wasn't even my fault." She ground out and I looked over at her.

"What does this have to do with?" I asked and moved closer to her. I had looked around her room but never really saw anything. She had family photos and homemade stuff and she was probably sniffling about a boy.

"My mate."

"You aren't even of age to have a mate." I told her and she sat up.

"Don't you think I know that? But when someone you know says that they think that is what is going to happen you think about the possibility." She shouted and then started crying again.

"What? Is your mate a little nerd at your school people will make fun of you for?" I asked not hiding my tone from her. She had some nerve to talk about her mate that isn't even hers yet.

"No! But like I said, you wouldn't understand!" She shouted and then turned her back to me and I just sighed.

"Then tell me what this is about." I told her moving to look out her window.

"He already rejected me. He pulled me aside two days after my 16th birthday. Told me that his wolf was telling him to claim me, and I was happy, but it went down hill when he said he could never do that with me. That I would never be the mate he could want."

"So you became the opposite of what you were." I nodded finishing off her story and she bowed her head and nodded slightly. "That won't help." I told her knowing that if someone didn't want her just how she was it was something going on with them.

"How would you know?" She sneered and I smiled.

"My older cousin's mate did the same thing... all she had to do was show him what he was missing out on. Don't change who you are Genevieve, be who you are because that was who the moon goddess made you to be for him." I told her and she huffed. "Who rejected you?"

"Doesn't matter." She whispered and I gave her a look. "Please don't make me tell you." She begged with a soft whisper and I sighed.

"Fine, but please stop trying to be bad ass. No offense, but when you gave me a look earlier at breakfast the only thing that held me back from punching you in the face was your parents sitting there." I told her and she gave me a small shy smile.

"Sorry. I knew they brought you here to deal with me... and I didn't want you to be around me because I just wanted to be who I was becoming." She shrugged and I smiled slightly.

"Who you were becoming wasn't you. How about you meet me at work tomorrow. I will set up a plan for you to vent out this aggression you have towards your mate. Who knows, you might learn to live without him." I told her and she looked down at her toes. "If I could switch places with you Genevieve, I would. I don't want to have a mate." I told her trying to cheer her up a little bit.

"Why not?" She asked looking up at me and I sighed.

"Do you know why I was in the system?" I asked her and she shook her head. "When I was 15, my alpha was maybe 49, and he still didn't have a mate. He tried to kill my dad in a rage for my mother... and I stepped in when my father was just going to be submissive and hand her over. I attacked the alpha and he can't mate my mother now because he would be taken down... I saved my mother when my father didn't. And he was her mate. A mate like that isn't someone I want. I would rather never have a mate than have the chance of someone doing that to me." I told her and she gave me a couple pity looks before getting up and walking towards me.