Chapter 8:

"Cordelia, I cannot find the blue dress you gave me!"

Cordelia sighed.

"Let you BORROW, Jasmine, BORROW. Lucie gave me that dress!"

James showed up, shirtless from the bathroom. He was holding the dress.

"It was in the sink."

'Oh!"

Jasmine walked over, embarrassed and retrieved the dress. Cordelia giggled.

"Okay, hurry up! We will be late if we don't get there in time!"

She gave them a minute to change and when she went back in, they were fully dressed, Jasmine smoothing down her dress and making it less crinkly. It was bright and early in the morning, but

They were hurrying.

*Lucie*

"Miss Herondale, where is your witness?" Bridgestock groaned.

"He's a warlock," Lucie snapped. "And warlocks aren't allowed in Idris."

"We better hold her here, Charlotte," Bridgestock begged. "Who knows what she'll do if she's in London again-"

"Lucie is my niece. She is bright and beautiful. If we release her, she won't be bringing back ghosts," Charlotte said. "Tessa, please communicate with Malcolm-"

"Tessa is a warlock!" Bridgestock bellowed. "She should not be here!"

"Yes, but years ago, Tessa proved herself as Nephilim."

Will smiled at Tessa, who was holding a glowing orb in her hand.

"Nevertheless, Tessa will remain. We will also bring Lucie back to London. We will let her communicate with Jesse Blackthorn."

Lucie gave a cry of happiness and immediately shut her mouth, looking at Bridgestock. He was obviously not happy. But he had to obey. Charlotte was the Consul. Muttering, Bridgestock ushered the Herondales into a carriage and portaled them to London.

*Cordelia*

"Hurry, hurry! The train is about to move!" The train station manager yelled over the sound of steam trains releasing smoke. Cordelia held her breath.

"Ugh," she groaned. "Disgusting smoke!"

Soon Jasmine, James and Cordelia were on the train, a nice plush carriage with cushions, blankets and a table for them to Paris. Jasmine said her lead was that Matthew adored Paris and would've gone there, but she had walked into the room with her kissing James, half naked.

"Ooooh!' Cordelia said. "Christopher is in Paris!"

"Well we might as well visit him! I think I have something to track him with so I have his location," James said, pulling out Christopher's goggles that allowed the Merry Thieves to track each other when needed. Unless needed, they never turned their tracking runes off. James' was a glove, like the time he tracked Cordelia in Paris with her glove, Matthew's was a bottle of beer, Thomas', a locket of his mother Sophie's, and Christopher's was a pair of goggles that he exploded in an experiment.

Suddenly, the carriage shook. A shax demon, small and disgusting ones toppled through the window, Cordelia threw out Cortana and Lilith appeared. She shrieked.

"Girl, did you forget about me?" Lilith snarled. "Did you forget about your darling Master Lilith, mother of demons? And also the-"

"Oh, SHUT UP Lilith!" Jasmine yelled and drew out a knife.

"Daisy, do not touch Cortana or any other weapon," James said, stabbing a demon and spraying ichor on the carriage, the last demon.

"Leave us!" Cordelia shouted.

"What?' Lilith screeched. "Is that how you talk to me?"

"Get OUT!"

Lilith, taken aback, gave a disgusted look and vanished. Cordelia, her stomach feeling sick, sank into a couch, hand to her head. She was groaning.

"Daisy, are you okay?"

James cupped both of his hands around her cheeks and put his forehead against hers.

"I am fine, James."

She did not feel 'fine.' Her heart was stabbed through with an invisible arrow, an arrow that could not remove no matter what way. Without anything, she kissed James, longingly and lovingly,as if they were the only 2 people in the world. Tears spilled down her cheeks and she drew back, sighing.

"Daisy-" James said huskily.

"I shouldn'tve kissed you. I wanted to forget and be lost in love but, you aren't for that."

"No, I don't think I am."

"But you are my James, my beloved. The one I fell in love with from age 13, and my love has gone from then to now. 4 years!"

"Come on. Lets just sit and forget."

She sighed, smiled and laid her head against his shoulder, and slowly drifted to sleep.