chapter fifty-one

Start from the beginning

Georgia leaned forward to speak into the phone, "I'm pretty sure it's the only thing keeping him from drinking away his sorrows."

Scott was less than amused, "But it's the middle of the night."

At first Georgia thought nothing of his words, but then her brows furrowed. With her advanced hearing, she caught the echo of his words. Slowly, she grinned.

"Which means it's after midnight and officially Mischief Night/Day, and, by perfectly awesome coincidence, it's also happens to be Coach's birthday," Stiles continued ranting, "So if you are not down here in five seconds, I will destroy you. Okay? I will have Georgia destroy you," he corrected after a moment of thought, "And I mean five, four, three, two—"

"One."

The cheeky bastard appeared right behind Stiles, effectively scaring the ever-loving shit out of him. Georgia cackled as she watched him flail about against his locker.

Stiles turned to glare at his smiling best friend, "I hate you."

* * * * *

After a long night of pranks and mischief, Stiles drove Georgia to school the next morning. She was exhausted where she sat slumped in the passenger seat, unable to keep her eyes open.

Stiles smiled as he parked, glancing over her. She was wearing an orange long-sleeved shirt that showed the bottom portion of her stomach, and a pair of jeans with a studded belt. Little ghost earrings hung from her ears.

"Stop staring, pervert."

Stiles chuckled at her remark, going to poke her stomach and make her squirm, "C'mon, we're here."

Georgia did a dramatic groan of annoyance as she sat up and grabbed her bag. She made a fake mad face at Stiles before they both got out and met around front. Their hands laced together on instinct.

They spotted Scott standing by his bike, the twins in front of him.

"You're back in school?" Scott asked, looking between them.

"No, just to talk," Ethan replied.

"Oh. That's kind of a change of pace for you guys," Stiles had to squint against the sun as they saddled up beside Scott, "Usually, you're just hurting, maiming, and killing."

"You need a pack. We need an Alpha," Aiden put it simply, making Scott raise his brows. Georgia hadn't told the others that they asked her too.

"Yeah," Stiles dragged out, "Absolutely not. That's hilarious though," he nodded.

Aiden wasn't phased, "You came to us for help. We helped."

Georgia pursed her lips, not saying anything. Stiles continued to do all the replying, "You beat Georgia's face into a bloody pulp, to the point where she almost had to kill you. That's not helping. In my opinion, that's actually counter-productive," he waved his free hand about.

"Why would I say yes?" Scott challenged, willing to hear them out at the least.

"We'd add strength. We'd make you more powerful. There's no reason to say no," Aiden said from beside a slightly smirking Ethan. Stiles and Georgia did extremely dramatic eye rolls in sync, scoffing a little.

Isaac appeared beside them in a striped cardigan, "I can think of one. Like the two of you holding Derek's claws while Kali impaled Boyd," he crossed his arms, glancing from Scott and Georgia to them, "In fact, I don't know why we're not impaling them right now."

Aiden did a deep growl, his teeth sharpening, "You want to try?"

"I'd happily finish," Georgia went to lunge at the same time as Isaac. Scott caught Isaac's forearm while Stiles' arm curled around Georgia's waist.