Chapter 11: Icy Showdown

"Aw, I just realized I forgot to introduce myself! How rude of me

"Aw, I just realized I forgot to introduce myself! How rude of me. My name is Doma, Upper Moon 2. It's nice to meet you both!~"

"How did you get here..?" Kanao asked. The man in front of the pair was wearing a bloody black top with a matching hat to compliment his long blonde hair. He was smiling as he licked off the blood on his golden fans.

"A cannibal?" Illumi murmured, trying to figure out exactly who he was. 'How is he not dead from my attack, is it his nen ability?'

Doma chuckled, "Heh, I'm afraid not quite!~ As for your question girl.." he said, turning to Kanao. "I don't know why I am here. It's quite weird really, that man told me to not ask questions! But now I don't have any way to communicate with them. Depressing really! I really miss talking to them.." he said, tears rolling down his face.

"That man?" Illumi asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Stop lying. I can't stand a single word that comes out of your mouth." Kanao said coldly.

"Eh? What's gotten you so prickly? Oh! I know! You must've suffered something very tragic! Don't worry, I'll kill you and release you from your pain! You'll be able to live within me forever!~" The smiling demon exclaimed pointing to his heart. "I really like Akaza, as his best friend, I'm really missing him dearly.."

"You aren't sad about anything. You don't have feelings. You simply fake emotions to hide the fact that you can't feel anything." Kanao stated, eyes narrowing. Illumi seemed to be very invested in what she was saying, despite not showing much emotion on his face.

"How can someone say something so cruel? Let alone a girl?" Doma pouted, his demeanor instantly turning much darker and colder. "Oh well, not that it matters! You'll both suffice!" he smiled creepily, head tilting, as he opened up his golden fans.

"Flower Breathing, Sixth Form, Whirling Peach." Kanao whispered, before lunging towards the demon. Illumi, being extremely agile and quick, followed her while throwing his pins at the demon with a stronger killing intent. "We need to chop his head off!" she shouted.

'Cut his head off? I don't have a problem with that, but why the head?' Illumi wondered. 'Just who the hell is this guy?'

Doma managed to dodge the demon slayer's attack but was wounded in his side when three aura-induced pins stuck into his side. "Wowie! That was fun! You both are so quick, despite the boy not being a demon slayer!~" Doma laughed. "Now it's my turn!!"

The demon drew his fans and prepared to launch his attack. "Blood Demon Art, Freezing Clouds!" His attack sent a large wave of dangerous freezing wind in which he used his fans to scatter them, freezing any object that comes into contact with it. "These pins are starting to hurt my head! Are you a demon of some sort?" Doma shouted pointing at Illumi.

Illumi stayed silent. Unbeknownst to the demon and Kanao, he was using his nen to control the demon's mind through his pins. It was proving challenging since another voice was already trying to control Doma. It caught the assassin off guard, seeing as he usually only needs one pin to control people. 'What is he?? Who's controlling him?' Illumi thought, eyebrows starting to furrow. 'His nen or 'that man' that he keeps referring to must have a very strong nen ability.. Where did he acquire such power?'

^^ New original gif to show the battle :) ^^

"Flower Breathing, Fourth Form: Crimson Hanagoromo!"

"Blood Demon Art: Frozen Lotus!"

"Flower Breathing, Fifth Form: Peonies of Futility!"

"Blood Demon Art: Wintry Icicles!"

The three were exchanging attacks for about an hour, Kanao getting scratched up while Illumi was still trying to dodge the demon's attacks and control his movements. By this point, Kanao was panting and narrowly dodging the upper moon's attacks. Illumi, still attached to Kanao by the chain, was greatly hindered (since his ability barely seemed to affect the demon) as he tried to find an opening for Kanao to take the demon's head. He too, had some scratches on his arms.

'Tsk. This demon reminds me of Hisoka, just more annoying..' Illumi thought.

"This has been so fun! But I'm starting to get bored of playing with you. Your movements are getting more sluggish.. Oh no! It must be because I haven't thoroughly cut through you! I'll stop playing with you now, to end your suffering." Doma smiled.

"Illumi, I want you to throw your needles at full power directly at him on my command." Kanao whispered. The assassin simply nodded and readied his pins. He was getting irritated from the lack of damage he was inflicting on Doma. He wanted to get rid of him as soon as possible so he could get some answers out of the 'demon slayer' girl. Kanao gripped her sword in her bloodied right hand. Her nails were grinding into her palm, causing it to bleed and stain the floor next to her shoes. She tied a string around her wrist, binding her hand to the sword to keep it from slipping out of her hand. Without it, her grip was too weak to hold the sword.

Right before Doma was about to send another attack, Kanao subtly nodded her head at Illumi before they both bolted towards the demon. Illumi infused his nen with the needles before launching them at Doma. His nen infused needles caught the eyes of the upper moon demon because of the stronger surge of power it suddenly had. With his eyes trained on Illumi, Kanao was able to attempt a slice at the demon's neck. However, the moment she attempted to slice his neck off, the room they were in began to shake and rotate. The sudden movement in the room even seemed to surprise Doma for a moment before he smiled. "Ah. I almost lost my head there! Unfortunate it would've been if I'd lost my head to you two. Well, it seems I have been summoned by that man. You are lucky that I have to spare you two!! Hopefully we meet again so I get to taste your wonderful flesh! Sayonara!~"

And with that, a black abyss appeared below Doma before he fell through it.  Illumi, though he didn't show it, was utterly shocked. He'd pieced together that the man they just fought was no ordinary prisoner. Or a prisoner at all for that matter. He couldn't control the man's mind due to another mysterious voice continuously trying to block him out. Kanao was panting heavily with eyes widened. She then put her sword in her sheath before collapsing on the floor due to pure exhaustion. Illumi snapped out of his thoughts as he looked over to the bleeding girl. She was sitting down, leaning against one of the walls, wrapping her arms in bandages. However, it seemed as though she was breathing in an abnormal way.

'Did her lungs get damaged? Wait, her wounds are no longer bleeding.. is she healing herself?' Illumi pondered.

'How did a demon arrive here.. Hang on.. That must mean Muzan's here!! This world is not safe with him lingering around!" Kanao thought, biting her lip. 'Okay, calm down. Keep your Total Concentration Breathing: Constant to stop the bleeding.'

Standing up, Kanao picked up her sword with her left hand and proceeded to walk down towards the next room. However, before she's able to reach the end, she's pinned to the wall with her head against the wall.

"Mind telling me what exactly that was?" the assassin asked, releasing some of his bloodlust. Kanao sighed, knowing she wouldn't be able to leave without getting her hands dirty.

"Sayonara."