Chapter 5: King of Aces

3rd Person POV:

3rd Person POV:

The participants are nearing the end of the tunnel, and 30 of the 500 contestants have dropped out. Currently, there are 470 participants left as they start to come out of the tunnel.

"GOAL!!" Gon shouts as he passes the 'finish line'. "I won!"

"Eh?? No, I reached the finish line before you!" Killua argues.

"Ano, Mr. Satotz? Who crossed the finish line first?" Gon asks the examiner.

"I believe you two crossed the line simultaneously. However, this group of individuals all beat you to it." Satotz explained, pointing to the demon slayers.

"Whaa? How did I not see them pass us?" Killua said, his mouth agape.

"Oh! Those are the other friends I was talking about! Let me introduce you to them!" Gon explained. "Hi everyone! This is my new friend Killua! Killua, these are my friends."

"Yo." Killua waved. Each of them introduced themselves and bowed. (Except for Inosuke lol. He just introduced himself as Inosuke) 'Hmm they all seem a couple years older than us. They're all carrying swords.. Are they ninjas of some sort?' Killua thought while examining them. 'They all act so formal.. actually almost all of them. That guy with the boar head is kind of weird. I wonder where they came from?'

"Oi, Gon. I think Kurapika and Leorio have made it. Want to go talk to them?"

"Sure! Talk to you guys later?" Gon asked the slayers.

"Hai! We'll see you then!" Tanjiro waved.

With the Demon Slayers:

"What's with all these weird sounds..?" Zenitsu said, covering his ears.

"I know.. All these different scents are giving a wild savage-like presence." said Tanjiro.

"We should be on guard.. We don't know what roams these marshy lands." Genya stated.

"I'm going to use my seventh form to see what's lurking here!" said Inosuke.

"I-I don't think that's a good idea, Inosuke.. I get the feeling that we don't want the rest of the participants to know that we aren't normal people. We might scare them like Hisoka did." Kanao said, observing the crowd suspiciously.

"Speaking of Hisoka, he seems to be silently observing everyone. I get the creeps just from looking at him.." Genya whispers.

" I can sense whenever he is looking at me, especially with my heightened senses! He's very powerful." Inosuke admitted.

The crowd's murmuring is suddenly silenced when a rugged looking man came around the corner.

"Don't listen to him!!" the man said pointing at the purple haired examiner. "He's not the real examiner! I am! He wants to lead you into the wetlands only to devour you once you get there!" the 'real examiner' claims. For proof, this man pulls a beaten-up looking copy of the purple haired examiner to show that there are more than one of the examiners. There are loud gasps heard in the crowd as they are torn about who the real examiner is.