Chapter Seven: Strange Magic

Bog thought over what he had done in the past and wished it turned out different. If he had just listened to Plum then he wouldn't have gone through so much heartache. And maybe he wouldn't be so evil. But the past is the past. He can't change it.

"This antidote won't help Dawn," (Y/N) said, "She's never been in love with anybody."

Bog sighed, "I shouldn't have used the potion on that poor, sweet... Nothing would have been..."

"Real," (Y/N) finished for Bog, "Well... I know all about getting your heart broken. I almost married someone who didn't love me."

"Why?"

"He was so good-looking. Maybe I couldn't bear to see that... he really was a shallow, power-hungry, cheating, chattering, pig son of a..." Bog stopped her from swearing, "Inside, I knew he didn't want me to be..."

"You?"

"Yeah."

"But you are... different," Bog smiled

"I've been told."

"That's what I like! I mean..." Bog got flustered with what he just said, "Well, you know."

(Y/N) chuckled, "So, now I keep my guard up."

"Me, too."

"And most important, I never..."

"Trust anybody!" The two said accidentally hitting their hands together.

The two laughed at the little accident. They looked at each other building tension.

"Come on. Let's go stretch our wings," (Y/N) suggested

"Good idea! Good idea. Yes," Bog picked up his staff and (Y/N)'s sword and gave it to her, "Here."

"Thank you," she took it from him.

Bog led the way to the entrance. He let her go first. When she opened her (F/C) wings, they admitted this glow that lit up Bog's face a little. But he was shocked at their beauty. He's never seen anything like it before. Ye smiled and followed her out of the castle.

"Maybe you should rethink this entrance," (Y/N) said referring to the animal skull opening.

She bumped into a Goblin who was ready to attack her. Bog flew over to save her.

"Try thinking of this... as an adventure!" Bog said flying away.

(Y/N) smiled at the thought of it. The Goblin growled at her so she quickly flew after Bog. But she stopped at a spider web. She was scared of the unknown territory she was in.

"Hey, how about we go back?" (Y/N) asked

"Why? The moonlight is perfect right now," Bog said.

She looked up at the sky. It was filled with fireflies! She smiled at them when she heard a snap. Bog was making the snapping plants close to create a path to walk on. He told her to try it too. So, she stepped on one. It was sturdy enough to walk on. She started running on them doing cartwheels and somersaults. Bog smiled at her. When she got to the last plant, she slipped and fell. But Bog caught her and helped her back up. He smiled and flew away.

'You're waking meadows in my mind,' (Y/N) sang flying after him, 'making waves across my time. Oh, no,' Bog touched one of the plants making them open, 'Oh, no I got a strange magic,' she copied him, 'Oh, what a...'

'Strange magic,' they sang together

'Oh, it's a...' (Y/N) touched more making them open.

'Strange magic. Got a strange magic.'

The mushrooms watched them fly by singing. They passed on the message about what they were doing. Unaware that the Bog King was falling in love with a Fairy for the first time in years.

'You're sailing softly through the sun,' Bog sang as they watched a centipede walk by.

'Softly through the sun,' (Y/N) repeated

'Of a land I've always known. You fly.'

'You fly,' Bog flew away and (Y/N) followed.

'So high.'

'So high.'

'I get a...' Bog flew into a thorn bush.

'Strange magic. Oh, what a strange magic,' (Y/N) tried to follow but her wings got caught so she flew back, 'Oh, it's a strange magic,' Bog came back and offered his hand, 'Got a strange magic.'

(Y/N) took his hand and he brought her close. He held onto her as she put her wings down. Never letting go, Bog took her through the thorns safely.

'Oh, I...' (Y/N) sang.

'Oh, I...' Bog also sang.

'Never gonna be...'

'The same again,' (Y/N) completed

'Never gonna be the same again,' Bog repeated

'Now I've seen the way it's got to end,' Bog opened some vines showing a cave full of glowing raindrop crystals.

'Got to end.'

'Sweet dreams.'

'Sweet dreams.'

'Sweet dreams. Got a strange magic,' they sang as (Y/N) touched a few making them go out, 'Oh, what a strange magic. Oh, it's a strange magic,' they left the cave, 'Got a strange magic. Got a strange magic.'

As they flew across the forest, Bog picked a flower and they landed on a tree.

'It's magic,' (Y/N) sang

'It's magic,' Bog sang

'It's magic.'

'It's magic,' he put the flower in her hair

'It's magic. It's magic.'

'It's ma...' Bog stopped.

He heard a horn in the distance. He looked to see Roland's army arrive at the castle. This hurt him. This hurt him more than being rejected! He felt used! He looked back at (Y/N) looking hurt and betrayed.

"You... You played me!" Bog said enraged and flew away.

"'Played you'? I don't under..." (Y/N) Turned to see the army, "Oh, no."

She didn't know he was actually given an army! How could she have known? She flew after him. Roland stopped his army and showed the Goblins the potion and that he had to take it to Bog before moondown. The army would stay outside and all he would need is his three of his men. Sunny was told to stay with them.

"Wait!" (Y/N) called out to Bog.

"I won't be a fool again!" Bog said still mad

"I didn't know!" (Y/N) stopped him.

"I wouldn't follow me if I were you, Princess. You won't want to see what I do to them."

(Y/N) took out her sword, "I won't let that happen."

Bog pushed her into a spider web and flew off. She freed herself and flew after Bog. She had to fix this!