"A pass time, really," I say quickly, realizing that the boys were referring to my prior career.

"Don't be so modest," he laughs, "that skill could be very useful when it comes to recording videos and even touring."

"Oh well, I'm sure you have professionals for that, but thank you," I wring my hands together, "I'm not really any more of a contributor then the others."

"The better you know the band, the better you'll be able to make sure their personality comes out in performances," I raise my brows at him, "I could also so you as a sort of face... or mascot, if you will, of the band."

"Mascot?" I say to myself as Reid turns his attention from me. 

"Well, I'm sure you all have something planned this evening, so we'll be off." With a simple nod of his head to us, Reid walks off with Paul, leaving me to snap my head to the boys.

"Muse?" I ask, eyes darting between them.

"What, we do get ideas that stem off of your personality and things that you do and say," Freddie responds simply.

"Performing arts?" I narrow my eyes at them.

"Well, that's what it was wasn't it?" Deaky says matter of factually.

"Oh my god and he called me a mascot," I pinch the bridge of my nose, "I need a drink."

"Sounds good to me."

♛ ♛ ♛

"And you're sure you're all right to be driving?" I ask Brian, buckling Freddie into the car as he sputters drunken none sense.

"Yes, Clems, I'll be alright," Brian assures me, "so long as this one doesn't try and take the wheel."

"Ok, drive safe, Bri," I shut the door waving to him as he drives off, Freddie still going on about something or other in the passenger seat.

"Come on sweetheart, let's get you home before someone snatches you," I look back, finding Roger spinning his keys on his forefinger.

"Wouldn't that be a shame," I chide, padding over to him and taking his arm.

"You've got no idea," he walks us over to his car, kindly opening my door for me before moving around to his side.

"I'm surprised you're not loaded," I say as he starts the car.

"I prefer not to get drunk in places like that," he starts us out of the pub parking lot, "I tend to do things I regret when I do."

"I think I've made friends with drunk Roger though, and I miss him terribly," I joke, watching as Roger moves his hand to rest it on my thigh.

"When have I ever been drunk around you?" He asks, squeezing my leg.

"Three times now I think," I look to the roof of the car, "once in the studio, another time at your place, and one I'm sure you don't remember all to well."

Roger shakes his head, beginning to hum along to the song drifting from the radio as we drive through the now dark streets. There's a soft roll of thunder from somewhere off in the distance before the first few droplets of water hit the windshield. Soon after, they're followed by more drizzle before it begins to full out poor, hitting the car roof with satisfyingly loud and sporadic clicks.

"Roger, could you pull over in a parking lot?" I ask, looking over at him. I can see worry settle over his features as he glances swiftly over at me.

"Sure, are you alright?" He asks, getting in the turn lane for an almost vacant parking lot.

"Yeah, I just need to do something." When Roger parks rather carelessly in a spot, I shrug off my jacket, swinging open the car door and running out into the rain, spinning around as the droplets wet my clothes.

"What're you doing!?" I look towards the car, finding Roger has reached across and rolled my window down, now looking at me with questioning brows.

"Living!" I laugh, looking towards the dark sky, "come on!"

He seems to hesitate for a split second before he opens his car door, stepping out on to the wet asphalt. He shuts the door and comes around the front of the car as I jump in a generously sized puddle, wetting my shoes.

"And you still deny acting like a schoolgirl," Roger says, hugging me from behind in a fashion that makes my heart flutter as he leans down to kiss my cheek.

"It's called having fun old man," I turn around to face him, "you should try it sometime."

He shakes his head at me before grabbing me by the waist, picking me up off the ground and spinning me around as I squeal, laughing through asking him to put me down. He does as I ask after a moment, then grabbing my hands, twirling me around before pulling me against his chest. We stay like this for a while, rocking back in forth in a not so rhythmic pattern before anyone dares to say anything.

"Clementine?" He asks, setting his chin on my head as I take his hands.

"Yes?" I respond, our rings clinking over each other as we interlock fingers.

"I think I've fallen in love with you." My heart jumps in my chest and I swear it's in my throat as I pull away, still with a grip on his hands. I stare at him for a moment, water dripping from his nose, eyes as perfect as when I'd first met him, blond hair soaked, sticking to his cheeks, and I can feel the warmth blossoming in my chest.

"You have?" I ask, not sure if I've said it loud enough for him to hear, until he nods.

"I love you, Clementine," I stare at him, jaw softly agape, eyes crystal with tears I'm sure are visible to him as I process what he means.

"I haven't known you for long, but you've changed everything. You make me a better person, in a way I can't quite understand but the boys mention it all the time. You make me get up in the morning and smile everyday. Really smile. It's like every time I see you I get this bubbly feeling in my chest that I can't control and every time I'm near you it's like I have electricity in my veins. You're a live wire and every time I touch you I feel more alive than ever. I haven't felt this way with anyone else before and I'll be damned if I let it slip from my grasp. I'm in love with you Clems. I'm utterly and completely in love with you and I don't know what I'd do without you."

Tears mix with the rain running down my cheeks as I grab him by the shirt, forcing him to lean down so I can press my lips to his. He kisses me back, sweet and slow as I tangle my hands in his partially soaked hair, his arms finding their way around my waist. When we pull away, I'm sure my eyes just be red.

"I love you too, Roger," I say, running the heel of my palm over my cheek, "I love you too."

Roger's got this twitterpated boyish grin on his face as he picks up off my feet again, spinning me around as I wrap my legs around his waist, unable to stop the laughter that falls from my lips.

♛ ♛ ♛

NOTE!!: i do try.