| 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

"You're not sad?" I question as he pulls away from the hug.

"I shouldn't be!" His voice is now louder than it was a couple seconds ago as he gets up, "I shouldn't be feeling sad that he's not in this fucking world anymore!" He speaks, pacing around with his hands burying in his hair.

"A-all the things he did to me! All the mistakes he made, I had to pay for that! Me and mum to be the one suffering because of him!" He breathes, "But why am I still having an empty feeling inside of me knowing he's not here anymore?! I should be fucking celebrating that he's gone!"

Listening to his words and seeing his condition getting worse by minute, I grab ahold of him by cupping his cheeks so he's directly facing me now.

"Draco, listen to me". I speak, maintaining direct eye contact with him. "I know all the horrendous things he did to you, but he was still your father after all. And I know that you don't want to feel sad about his death but it's a natural human instinct, he was your father. Deep down in your heart you still have the tiniest love for him, no matter how bad things have gotten. And it's going to stay there until you die. Nothing can change those feelings."

"I didn't want to hate him, but his actions made me." He immediately breaks down, me catching him directly in time as we both crouch down to the floor.

I continue to whisper small soothing and assuring words to him as he eventually dozes off into a deep sleep after crying.

——

It's the next day now, Draco's been acting almost the same, but he's gotten better since yesterday. I know he doesn't want to talk about it, so I won't force him until he's ready to.

By this point, the word has gotten out and almost every single soul in the wizarding world knows about Lucius's death. Many people are sending snarky remarks when I walk by with Draco, making fun of the both of us.

'Merlin he's finally dead, took him long enough'

'Malfoy deserved this for letting the deatheaters in'

'Why the hell is Elara still with Malfoy again?'

And those just make his anger boil even further as every single time his knuckles are balled up— ready to punch anyone who says one more thing to him.

Currently, I'm sitting in one of the poufs next to Draco in Divination— the only class that we have together. Professor Trelawney is explaining to us all about tea leaves— how they can predict our future and all those details. This class is always so dreamy due to her perfume's scent being so powerful that I can fall asleep in almost no time.

There are many candles lit around, only some light that is barely making through her translucent windows. The fire, providing warmth to the whole room during the cold weather as she seats herself in front of it, in her winged chair.

"Now please drink your tea, and drain the last bits of it into your saucer. Once you are done... open up Unfogging The Future and predict your future!" Her hand waves in the air, motioning us to do the task. "Then, you will be put into a pair... the person sitting next to you will be the one to read your future" She speaks, continuing to explain in her mistiest voice.

Doing what I'm told, I start to drink my tea— which is surprisingly sort of calming and drain the remaining of it into my saucer, which just leaves the remaining dregs on it. Next to me, Draco does the same, a disgusted expression on his face when he drains his tea into his saucer. Switching mine with his, I open up the book from beside me, flipping to the page instructed.