Chapter Twenty Eight

Start from the beginning

"Make sure we stay far enough back to stay undetected," Shiro said.

"Looks like the signal stopped I'm the Ulippa system," Pidge said, looking at her screen which was beeping fast. "Activating long-range scanners."

The screen got closer to the base, zooming in on a battle cruiser that definitely wasn't Lotor's ship, something that Keith pointed out.

"The comet is in there," Hunk said.

"Here's the plan everyone--"

"Okay team, we need to get that--"

Keith and Shiro both looked at each other, both of them having spoken at the same time.

"Go ahead Shiro."

Shiro didn't even thank Keith, instead just going straight into the plan, the usage of 'we' standing out to Millie."

"What di you mean we?" she asked. "Shiro, you're staying on the ship, aren't you?"

Shiro looked surprised, almost as if he had forgotten. He opened his mouth to speak, but before he could the cruiser began attacking the base.

"I don't think they're moving the comet to that base," Shiro said. "We need more information."

"You're right," Keith said, stepping up and placing a hand on Shiro's shoulder. "You take the Black Lion. I'll stay with Coran in the castle and provide support."

"Keith, are you sure?"

Shiro turned out to be unable to pilot the Black Lion, so Keith ended up leading the mission anyways.

They landed on the asteroid, everyone dropping down in their crafts.

"The most important thing is for you to get eyes on that comet," Shiro instructed. "Second is to figure out who we're dealing with." They reached the ship, boarding it.

"Shiro, we've boarded the ship," Keith said. "There's no crew in sight. Moving forward with the search."

They went through the halls, Hunk's tracker beeping furiously as the sounds of battle died down next to them.

"Sounds like the fights over," Keith said. "Let's hurry."

"The comet should be in here," Hunk said, leading them to a room with a bunch of ships in it. "Like, right here."

"Where's the comet?" Lance asked. "Is it in that ship?"

"I think the ship is the comet, Lance," Millie said.

"He's already made a ship from the comets ore?" Allura asked.

"This is bad," Lance said.

"More like horrible," Pidge muttered.

"Guys, there's a piece of the teludav inside the Galra base," Shiro said, his voice coming through the comms.

"You mean the one we used to wormhole Zarkon's ship away?" Lance asked.

"But they would never be able to operate it without an Altean--" Allura gasped. "Zarkon's witch! She had Altean markings!"

"Is anyone else kind of freaking out?" Hunk asked.

"Yep. Mark me down for one freak-out," Lance said.

"Lotor must be nearby," Keith said. "We need to find him and take him out for good."

"You can not let Lotor get that ship," Shiro said. "You need to to back to your lions. You need Voltron!"

"Why take out one ship when we could stop all of this by taking out Lotor himself?" Keith asked. "We can't can't him keep outsmarting us."

"That's exactly why we caht risk letting Lotor have the ship," Shiro argued. "This is too important."

"Keith, I want to stop Lotor just as badly as you, but Shiro has a point," Allura said.

"Okay, you guys go back to the lions. I'm gonna search the ship for Lotor."

"We need to stick together," Millie said. Everyone muttered their agreement and Keith gave in. They were making their way back to the lions when a door opened, revealing four galra-esque women. The burly one with the fluffy ears grunted and charged Allura, who just barely managed to dodge.

The one with the cat attacked Pidgd and Hunk, knocking both of them down easily as one of the other ones shot at people. The one with the antenna that looked like a ponytail charged Millie, who release Dallas and formed her Bayard.

"Thunder Fang!" Millie commanded. Dallas leapt at the girl, managing to get a hit off, causing her to gasp in pain only to have Millie's whip wrapped around her wrist and get thrown over her shoulder.

"Cute kitty!" she said, jumping back up with a grin. "Can I pet him?"

"Sorry, he's not too friendly right now," Millie said. Dallas used swift, the star particles following after the girl as she tried to run away, hitting her and knocking her over and Millie wrapped her whip around a leg.

The group of Paladins retreated, rushing to get to their lions. Keith explained that they had bet one of them in the Weblum.

"Allura, you said they have an Altean?" Hunk asked. "They must be trying to create wormholes."

"If Lotor has turned the comet into a ship, we have much bigger concerns," Allura explained.

"I thought Lotor took over for Zarkon," Pidge said. "Why is he attacking a Galra base?"

"I don't know. That's why we have to stop him here and now," Keith said.

"Keith, I don't think he's on that ship," Millie said. "We didn't see him the entire time, only his generals."

They got to their lions, forming Voltron and flying up to help defend the castle against the comet ship. They kept trying to hit it with the sword, but it was too quick.

"Guys, the Cargo ship is escaping with the teludav inside of it," Shiro warned.

"I thought taking down the ship made from the comet was the most important thing," Keith said.

"Well we have a new most important thing," Millie said. "Let's go deal with the cargo, this is obviously a distraction."

"But the comet is right here, we need to take it down!"

"We can't! It's too fast, remember?"

After a bit of arguing, Keith ordered Hunk to get the shoulder cannon ready, which Hunk did. They lowered the shield, the comet ship automatically shooting at them, but they moved out of the way and let the comet ship shoot the teludav piece.

The comet ship shot again, hitting them, and after a bit it flew away.

"So, Lotor was attacking the Galra base to get the teludav piece?" Lance asked.

"Looks like it," Millie sighed.

They returned to the ship.

I will also be skipping the next episode for the same reasons as the last chapter said.