Stiles bounced back and forth on his heels, his ADHD clearly kicking in, "You mean like murdered? Do you think it was Laura?"

The McCall girl looked concerned, and rightfully so, the last reported death was the Hale's in the Hale fire six years prior. Of which she was well informed given that she had watched the show in her past life and had volunteered at the nursing home to look after Peter Hale after the fire. That and her work with Deaton at the vets because she wanted to be a vet just like OG Scott McCall. Stiles immediately noticed and tried to reassure her, well as best as someone like Stiles could do to reassure someone, knowing she felt guilty for not being able to save the Hales six years ago, "Nobody knows yet. Just that it was a girl, probably in her 20s." He paused for a moment, then continued hesitantly, "From what you told me about your past life, it probably is Laura."

Scott closed her eyes in grief, before feeling them snap open letting her confusion show as she asked, "Wait, if they found Laura, then what are you doing here?"

Stiles grinned, "Because you and I are going to find the other half of her body!"

~~~~~~~~~~

Parking Stiles' Jeep outside the woods, the two friends excitedly entered the woods, speculating what would happen on the first day back at school, tomorrow. Scott was the first to start the conversation, "I was trying to get a good few hours in with ballet before I went to sleep. I wanted to be prepared for practice tomorrow."

Stiles gave his friend and sister a look mixed between confusion and slight amusement, speaking in a tone of teasing and a little mockery, "Right, 'cause sitting on the bench as a seat warmer is such a gruelling effort."

Looking annoyed at her friend's lack of faith in her abilities, the witch spoke in a tone of strong reassurance, "No, because I'm going to be playing this year. In fact, I'm going to make the first line."

Before Stiles could speak up, Scott continued, "Hey, just out of curiosity, what are we going to do if your dad finds us out here?"

The Stilinski boy paused momentarily, apparently not having thought of that fact, which was proven right when he opened his mouth, "Huh! I didn't even think about that. How about running the other way?"

The McCall girl rolled her eyes, looking exasperated at the little detail her brother had forgotten to check before coming to get her, "That should work but it's comforting to know you've planned this out with your usual attention to detail. That is to say--very little."

Ignoring his friend's snarky comment, Stiles tops the ridge of the hill they had been climbing, and took off running towards the officers they could see searching the area ahead. Scott, having thought she heard something in the woods and had the feeling of being watched, lagged behind as she didn't realise Stiles had already run off. While Scott herself was trying to avoid the polices' flashlights, so as not to be seen, Stiles ran right into the searcher's line of sight. Going against what he'd suggested not five minutes ago. The deputy to spot him called out to the other police officers and Sheriff Stilinski, Stiles' dad, moved forward after seeing it was his delinquent son, "Hang on, hang on. This little delinquent belongs to me."

Stiles, seeing the look on his dad's face, quickly tried to pull the innocent card, "Dad, how are you doing?"

The Sheriff, not wanting to play games, cut straight to the chase, raising an eyebrow as he looked down at his only child, "So, do you, listen in to all of my phone calls? And where's your usual partner in crime?"

The younger Stilinski didn't lose his look of innocence as he answered his father, "1. Not the boring ones, and 2. Scott's home. She said she wanted to get some last minute ballet practise before the first day back at school tomorrow. It's just me. In the woods. Alone."