can't sleep

Summary: You can't fall asleep so you decide to go outside and watch the water and you boyfriend finds you.

Warnings: no warnings i think

-

I was laying in bed, it was around 4.a.m. and I haven't fallen asleep yet. Rafe was sound asleep next to me. I sometimes have trouble sleeping and there is times I don't sleep and pull an all nighter.

I was growing bored of looking at the ceiling so I decided to go outside and just feel the ocean smell.

I got up and put on one of Rafe's hoodies that was laying on the floor. I put it on and then slowly opened the door and got out of the room.

I made my way to the backyard and sat on one of the white lounge chairs. I pulled my knees up to my chest and rested my chin on them.

I looked at the water, the starts reflecting on it making it shine, the noise of it slowly moving and the voice of my boyfriend calling me.

Wait, Shit!

"Princess what are you doing awake?" He asked walking towards me.
"I can't sleep." I sighed looking back at him.
"I'm sorry I woke you up." I said as he placed his hands on my shoulders slowly rubbing them.
"It's okay, I just felt my arms empty." He said.
"Move forward a bit." He said walking to my side.

I move over a bit and he sit behind me, he wrapped his arms around my waist under "my" hoodie and pulled me closer to his chest. He rested his head on my shoulder as I put my arms on top of his.

"You don't have to stay here Rafe." I said.
"I but I want to be with my princess." He said kissing my shoulder lightly.
"Did you have a nightmare?" He asked.
"No, I didn't even fall asleep." I said.
"My father would sing me this song when I was younger." He said.

He started to whisper the song in my ear making me fall asleep in his arms. He then picked my up and took me to his room and placed me on the bed.

"Good night princess." He said kissing my forehead before he fell asleep with me in his arms.