𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐈𝐄

Mulai dari awal

I walked away from the two and went back to the bar. Emily was already standing up, ready to leave. I know that girl is not safe but there's nothing I can do.

We walked out of the bar. I didn't take my eyes off of the girl. She gave me a soft nod before I stepped out.

"Emily, there's something going on." I huffed.

"I know. We'll do some research at the office tomorrow, okay?" She said and rubbed my shoulder. "Did you give her your card?" She then asked.

I nodded.

"Okay, good." She let out.

We went home after all of that.

I didn't sleep a wink.

1 MONTH LATER

Weeks went by since that encounter at the bar. I had other cases to worry about, but this was looming in the back of my mind.

That was until a case file came across my desk.

I was flipping through the pages of it. It was a case on a known sex trafficking ring. They go for high-risk victims, foster children, build them up and then sell them.

In the file were pictures of some of the current foster children. I recognized one of them right away.

The girl from the bar.

"Emily!" I yelled coming out of my office.

"What! What's wrong?" She exclaimed. I ran into her office with the file. She took it right away and looked through it. When she saw the picture, her eyes met mine.

We moved out of the offices and got to work right away. We pulled all the stops. We dug up everything.

The man we're looking for is named Marshall Greene. He is known as the master of a sex trafficking ring all throughout Europe. He takes in foster children who come from broken homes, typically victims of rape by family members, makes them feel better, before selling them to his customers.

I knew there was something up at that bar. The part that gets me is the fact he was right there.

Later that night, Emily and I were knee deep in research when my phone rang. It was a private number.

"Agent Parks." I answered.

"H-Hello?" I heard that same small voice again. I snapped my fingers at Emily to pull up the number tracker.

"Are you the girl from the bar?" I asked. I needed to keep her talking.

"Yes." She whispered. It sounded like she had been crying.

"What's your name?" I asked. I looked to Emily to see if she was getting anything. She shook her head. Fuck.

"R-Rosie Winters."

"And how old are you, Rosie?"

"14."

She is 14 years old. 14. That just made me so sick to my stomach.

"Okay, Rosie, we're tracking your location as we speak. Can you stay on the line?" I said. Emily nodded and gestured to keep her talking.

"I-I can try." She let out. I heard noise in the background. "Can I order a pizza for delivery?" She asked. Her entire tone of voice changed. She's not alone.

"Is he in the room?"

"Yes."

"Okay, can you give me your address?" I asked. I'll be able to get it now.