This place has become an empty city at the beginning of the last days, and the supplies were looted very early. Chen Ruxin is a zombie without food, but this man is still a human.

Just when Chen Ru was thinking about finding him some food, he saw Lin Yi found a relatively clean place to sit down, took a pack of compressed biscuits and opened it, and then took a bottle of water in the other hand.  ...

It seems that there is no need to worry about him being hungry.

After the end of the world, the temperature has become much higher throughout the year, and there will be no more winters. More people are dehydrated and died in the heat and lack of water.

Even at night, the temperature is 38 degrees. Chen Ru is a zombie, and the crystal nucleus in his brain will protect the host according to the external environment, but he does not feel the heat.

But Lin Yi was different. Within an hour, he drank several bottles of water.  But no matter how hot it was, he didn't take off the windbreaker outside.

When he left the base, he didn't take anything with him, but he never lacked food and water.  Chen Ruxin has also discovered that he is a dual element of space and wood.

Chen Ru thought for a while and walked in front of him.

Lin Yi raised his head and glanced at her, then gave her a crystal core.

Chen Ruxin took the crystal nucleus, and soon the crystal nucleus turned into fly ash in her hands, and the energy was absorbed by her.

Seeing that Chen Ruxin hadn't left yet, Lin Yi was about to speak, but she knelt down and hugged her——

A faint chill radiated from her, which relieved the heat in his body a lot. Lin Yi was held in this way by her, a little surprised and a little strange in his heart.

The first thing he thought of was not that she would take the opportunity to bite him, but the meaning of what she did.

"Why do you do this?" Lin Yi asked faintly in the dark with the scarlet moonlight in his slightly cool eyes.

Of course, Chen Ruxin couldn't answer him, so she let go of him a little bit, met his eyes, and shook her head gently.

Unable to guess what she meant, Lin Yi asked again: "Do you remember the past?"

Chen Ruxin shook her head. She couldn't integrate the memory of the original owner, so she didn't remember.

It seemed that such an answer had been expected a long time ago. Lin Yi didn't say anything. He just saw her put her hands on her shoulders, the coldness was farther away from her, and there was humidity floating in the sultry air, which made people feel anxious for no reason.

Lin Yi glanced at her: "Get closer."

Hearing this, Chen Ruxin really got closer.  Lin Yi sat leaning against the wall, and Chen Ru leaned close to dispel the heat.  This scene doesn't look like a zombie's behavior to a human being.

The comfortable coolness eased the anxiety, and Lin Yi also felt a little tired, so he squinted like this and planned to take a nap.

But this nap did fall asleep until dawn, and the sky in the last days could not see the sun. Even during the day, the sky was dark and as if it were going to rain, but the air temperature was as high as 40 degrees.

As soon as Lin opened his eyes, he realized that he actually fell asleep leaning against her... He raised his head to meet the scarlet pupils, which looked a little horrible, and Lin Yi was stunned, and then slowly came to his senses, "I'm asleep.  how long?"

Chen Ruxin didn't answer him. Maybe Lin Yi also thought about what answer he got from her. He glanced at the watch on his left hand and it was already half past eight.  He slept for so long?  Even he himself felt surprised at this point.

He rinsed his mouth with mouthwash and wiped his face again, still feeling uncomfortable, so Lin Yi turned around and walked into an empty room again, leaving a sentence: "Don't follow me."

Chen Ruxin waited for him to return. About fifteen minutes ago, he saw that Lin Yi was not wearing the same suit last night. Although it was still the uniform of Cangyun Base, it was obviously new.

He walked up to Chen Ruxin and took a crystal core to her: "Let's go."

Chen Ruxin took the crystal core, absorbed the energy inside, and followed behind him.

It is relatively dry during the day, and when the wind blows, the sky is full of dust.

The two of them just stopped and went like this. A week later, Lin Yi put on a hat and a mask, and he still didn't look a little embarrassed.  Also, can I feel embarrassed if I take a shower every day and change a suit every day?

On this day, the two of them walked to the riverside, preparing to cross the river to the opposite city.

However, before the two of them found a tool to cross the river, they saw a few cars coming here in the distance...

Chen Ruxin's eyesight now is much better than when she was a human. She saw a very familiar person sitting in the leading car.  The man was looking at them with the eyes of the dead...

……The comer is not good.

But seeing that Lin Yi saw the man, his thin lips were aroused, and his voice was unexpectedly soft, "Since I'm here, don't even think about leaving."