5

♠️Welcome to Chapter Five♠️

~author's pov

Kobe burst through the doors looking around for Derek, thankfully, he saw him sitting on a chair with his head in his palms. He rushed over to him and knelt down in front of him, looking into his teary eyes.

Kobe: "Derek, what happened?! Where's Kayla?!"

Derek: "I messed up.. Kayla, she.. she just stopped breathing. I panicked as I didn't know what to do... I fucked up, man!"

His hands shook, his heart raced, his eyes continuously watering. He was so frightened that he didn't know what to do. Watching him in this state, made Kobe tremble slightly.

Kobe, himself, didn't like the feeling of the atmosphere was giving off. He decided to change it by cheering Derek up, saying that everything's going to be okay. 

Kobe: "Hey, it's okay. Kayla, is a very strong little girl. I'm sure whatever happened to her, she will overcome it. just have faith!"
-he rubbed Derek's back.

Derek: "You told me to have faith when her mother was in labor.. and I lost her. And you're sure that this is different?"
-he glared at Kobe.

Kobe didn't know what else to do or say right now. He got up and sat down next to Derek quietly. Just a few seconds passed, and a nurse came to them.

Derek immediately stood up with his shaking body, wondering hat the results were. 

Lillian: "The results aren't that bad but you came right on time. A few more seconds and she would've suffocated to death."

Derek: "What happened to her?"
-he asked, his eyes seeking for an answer.

Lillian: "Well, based on the results, it shows that she's allergic to spicy food or anything spicy. Her throat closes up, blocking any air that comes through her lungs. With a little bit of ointments and tests we ran on her, she'll be fine and will be able to discharge tomorrow."

Derek nodded.

Lillian: "Her throat will be swollen for the while, but for now, I recommend you to let her stay away from spicy foods. I'll prescribe a medication for her."

Derek: "Can I see her now?"

Lillian: "Sure, but I'm afraid she can't talk right now. Come with me."

Derek sighed shakily as Kobe patted his back, they soon followed behind Lillian. 

-meanwhile-

~your pov

The next day, I walked up to Ahkeel's room to wake him up. But to my surprise he was already up. 

Y/N: "I wonder what caused my little prince wake up early today?"
-I asked, walking over to him.

Ahkeel: "Today's a very important day! I'm going to see uncle, grandma and grandpa."

Y/N: "Well I would be excited too, it's been a while since you've seen them. But sadly, I'll be going to work today."
-I sighed sadly.