Chapter 4:

Xingqiu awoke from his slumber as he sat up. He rubbed his eyes, as he heard the front door open.

"Huh?" He turned to his phone. He panicked, "Huah!?!"

23 Missed Calls:
30 missed messages from Yun-Yun💙

"Oh gee.." Xingqiu put on some slippers as he made his way through the hallway. He started to go downstairs until he heard his mother's voice.

"Chongyun? That's your name?" Mother said happily. Xingqiu sat down on the stairs, and tried to listen in. "Yeah.. is Mr.Xingqiu here by any chance?"

"No, he has work today. I'm so happy that you'll be helping Xingqiu with the festival today!"

Oh! Xingqiu had forgotten today was Saturday. He was supposed to go over to the school later today. But the strange thing is, why does Chongyun want to go? He was never involved in it.

"Yeah. I'm excited to see him!" Chongyun blushed slightly.

"I'll call him for you."

"Crap crap crap!" Xingqiu immediately ran upstairs to get ready. He put on a white, buttoned t-shirt with khaki shorts. He locked himself in the bathroom as he put a watch on.

"Is this okay-? Did I overdo it?" Xingqiu stared at himself in the mirror. Why was he getting dressed up in the first place? Oh God, everything was so confusing. He didn't have time to think about it though, so I guess he's going with whatever his instinct is saying.

Xingqiu finally left the bathroom, as he made his way to the living room. Chongyun fidgeted with is fingers as Xingqiu's mom called his name.

"Xingqiu ~ You're friend is here—"

"I-I'm here!" Xingqiu was flushed with embarrassment. His mom squealed as she hugged him, "Aw~ You look so handsome!"

"M-Mother.." Xingqiu groaned.

Chongyun stared at Xingqiu. He was as beautiful as ever. His eyes met Xingqiu's, though the dark haired boy quickly looked away.

Chongyun smiled, "You look so beautiful, Xingqiu."

Xingqiu's mother chuckled, "Trying to make a move on my son in front of me?" she raises an eyebrow, "You're bold I see."

Chongyun blushes and looks away. Xingqiu looked at him in confusion. Didnt he want to be left alone? The situation made things even more confusing.

"Chongyun came by and actually wanted to take you out today! And since the festival is tonight, he figured you two would have the whole day to yourselves." Xingqiu's mother patted Xingqiu, "Youve been working so hard. You deserve this."

Xingqiu's mother had always been supportive and understanding towards him. It always made him be thankful to have a woman like her in his life.

Xingqiu smiled back at her, "Of course Mother. Thank you.."

Chongyun suddenly took out a rose from behind his back, "Surprise."

Xingqiu gently grabbed the rose by its stem, blushing. He gritted his teeth, "You're embarrassing me, you idiot."

Chongyun laughed as he rubbed the back of his neck. They said their goodbyes to Xingqiu's mom, as they both started to walk.

"Where are we going Xingqiu?" He asked, turning to him. Chongyun smiled at him, "You're gonna love where i'm taking you out today."

"HUH-?!" Xingqiu's stomach got knotted into a million knots, as butterflies ate his insides. He held the rose close, and tight.

"Take this as an apology for.. yesterday." Chongyun opened the door that led inside the building. Xingqiu walked inside, "Yes. Of course Chongyun."