| 09 |: Within This Heart

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 : Razor has been aged up to 20.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

Aether woke up especially early today and dropped by Starsnatch Cliff to go flower picking. Paimon floated beside him sluggishly, kneading her eyes that were still heavy with sleep.

"Hey Aether, it's already been like, two weeks! Aren't you gonna see how (y/n) is doing?" she asked, watching him pick the cecilias in the area, "Master Diluc didn't seem too friendly with her when they first met..." Gasping loudly, she then pulled herself back and brought her tiny fists against her chest. "What if he's being mean to her behind our backs?! Oh, Paimon will give him a piece of her mind!" She punched the air angrily, imagining that it was Diluc's flawless face.

The blond rolled his eyes at his floating companion. "Master Diluc isn't like that. Relax." Despite his words, he was a little worried about Diluc's treatment of (y/n), though he isn't one to criticise him since he himself doubted her innocence at one point. However, he's now certain that the (h/c)-haired woman is harmless, especially after Albedo was able to confirm it for him via the results of her physical examination.

Aether was completely unaware that the results have been altered since the alchemist did such a good job at lying to him.

Still, why did Albedo have to perform the test in Dragonspine? He was bewildered to find that out from Sucrose when he returned to Mondstadt with three unconscious adventurers in tow.

"B-but-!" Paimon tried to say something against Aether's statement of Diluc but couldn't think of anything good, so she pouted instead.

He laughed, turning around to face her with a bunch of cecilias in his arms. "Paimon, do you miss (y/n)?"

"Who wouldn't?!" she exclaimed, folding her arms over her chest as she frowned, "Don't you?"

He scratched the lower part of his cheek, his golden eyes flickering to the side. Although he did miss (y/n) terribly, he was too shy to admit it out loud, even to Paimon. He also felt guilty about stopping his visits to Dawn Winery abruptly and wondered if she misses him too. He had a good reason for his absence though; he wanted to finish decorating his Serenitea Pot so (y/n) wouldn't have to leave his side after the day ends. He just needed to make the final touches to her room, and then they can finally live together, go traveling together and create endless memories...

Aether quickly slapped himself when he began to lose himself in his thoughts of (y/n), making Paimon look at him as if he was some sort of weird creature. Sighing, she then shook her head.

"Anyway, let's visit (y/n) at Dawn Winery once you're done picking the flowers for her bedroom!" she said, clenching her fists in front of her as she wiggled excitedly.

"Y-yeah, that's a good idea," he murmured.

"Master Diluc, what's that?" (y/n) asked, eyeing the translucent white flowers on the table curiously.

"Qingxin. They're native to Liyue," Diluc answered without taking his eyes off the document he was reading, "I imported a batch to see if Connor can create a new drink from the flower, even though it's mostly used in medicine..."

The pair was in the foyer as the redhead inspected his orders that just arrived this morning. The (h/c)-haired woman stood next to him, amazed by the new things she was seeing.

"Are they edible?"

"... Please refrain yourself from eating them, (y/n)."

Disappointed, she picked up a single flower and twirled it absent-mindedly. However, the feeling of having forgotten something grew stronger the longer she held the qingxin.