| 07 |: Fleeting Memories

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 : I commissioned my friend (prince-les @ Tumblr) to draw Muramasa, one of my Genshin OCs who will make appearances throughout this story

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

Bennett was easily thrown over the albino's shoulder as he was skillfully disarmed. His back hit the floor with a loud thud, causing the air to be knocked out of his lungs. As he wheezed from the impact, Aether grasped his sword and picked himself up, his blade outstretched in an offensive stance. His body was already battered and bruised from fighting the unknown man, but he forced himself to persevere; he couldn't afford to let Bennett get hurt any further under his watch.

But this person...

He's so strong, like a machine made for war.

He didn't even have a Vision and was purely relying on his physical strength, but Aether felt as if he was built to fight against Vision users. He gritted his teeth, frustrated at having lost a battle where he clearly had an advantage, with him being able to manipulate different types of elements with ease and without a Vision to channel his power from.

"Who are you?!" he exclaimed. The eyepatch-wearing man shifted his attention to him.

"I gave myself the name Muramasa," he said, pointing his katana at the blond, "Now answer my question. Where are you hiding (y/n)?"

Muramasa would always go back to talking about the (h/c)-haired woman as if she's some sort of property to be handed over. Aether saw her as nothing of the sort, and he's not about to forsake her freedom that she once lost to save his own skin. Before Aether could say anything however, Bennett spoke up.

"Wh-what... What do you want from her...?" he managed to gasp out, propping himself on his elbows, "Do you know her?"

"I don't know her personally, but I refuse to let her live with you humans," Muramasa calmly replied without looking at him. Although he never met (y/n) in person before, he had been told stories of her by the Princess of the Abyss. After hearing about the tragedies Teyvat continuously inflicted upon (y/n), he strongly believed that she would be much safer with the Abyss and not these damn monkeys, who'd just exploit her to satisfy their own greed for power if they find out what she is.

And who knows what might happen if she crosses paths with the Geo Archon again?

(Y/n) and Muramasa are the same. Both are given life by Khemia, though in different timelines; and both have a desire to live. It is only natural that they watch each other's backs too, though he wasn't sure if she would share the same sentiment.

Aether knitted his eyebrows together as he tightened his grip on his sword.

"You don't get to make her decisions. If she wants to stay with us, then she stays," he retorted.

Muramasa glared at him. "She can't stay with you! She won't be able to live in harmony with the Archons because she's a Transcendant-"

"Like you?"