Yangyang ;; He Misses Your Date

꒰ 유양양 / 刘扬扬 | LYY ꒱

" when he misses your date ; him as your distant boyfriend "

Y/n sat on her bed, her back to the headboard and pillows while watching a kdrama, Vincenzo, but the light pitter patters of the raindrops that hit the windows of the room drowned out the sound of the actors talking. By now, she couldn't even focus on the show anymore. Her eyes kept traveling back and forth between her phone, which laid facing upwards right beside her leg on the comforter, and the big screen that sat on the white, modern shelves right in front of her.

On the inside, she kept hoping for it to buzz, ring, or for even the screen to light up showing some sort of notification from him, but nothing came through. Doubt was filling her mind as time was running out; the spacious room was only lit up by the tv and any light that came through from the windows, but time flies, and so did her patience.

The room was getting dimmer and dimmer as she waited yet she knew he wasn't going to make it. "Another planned date.. that didn't happen.." she muttered out. She was dressed in a white hoodie with a big black tee over it and khaki colored pants. She waited a sad amount of time to finally be able to go on a date with him again, just for it to not happen as usual.

The two didn't really have much time to be with each other besides when Yangyang came over to sleep after practice but she usually fell asleep first. He always left very early in the morning so she wouldn't even be able to see him then. Yangyang was distant from her as he was an idol and his schedules were packed while Y/n was more towards the affectionate side and of course, she needed love and attention as everyone does in a relationship.

Time had passed and a wave of worry washed over her as she wondered where he was. She grabbed her phone and started to dial his number before placing the electronic by her ear. The phone buzzed-rang-but he didn't pick up. She sighed with a disappointed tone as she swiped across her screen and clicked to get to their messages together.

"You always do this Yang..." she exclaimed sadly. She texted him, hoping she would get an answer sometime soon.

" you're not making it to our date, are you? " She wrote to him first. Y/n placed her phone back down and rubbed her hands down her face in tiredness. To her surprise, her phone buzzed and the screen lit up, showing a message from Yang <3. "So you could text me back but not call.." she hissed, almost completely done. " shit- I still have work to finish up with Jaesong. Sorry, babe. don't wait up for me at home tho " She pursed her lips together then bit the inside of her bottom lip before texting back. " okay " she clicked down on her keyboard, then pressed the send button. "Wish you told me earlier that you wouldn't have been able to make it.."

Without her realization, a tear gently escaped her eye and slid down her face, making it to her hand. She quickly lifted her head up in surprise as it was tilted down before and used her sleeve to wipe the droplet and thin wet trail away. She let out a huff of air before getting up from her bed to change into her sleepwear.

After she pulled the shirt over and down her head, she looked at the mirror beside her, staring at her own state. Her lips quivered as she looked at herself, up and down, before a cry left her mouth and her hand lifting to cover it, only leading her to sob. She walked backwards and sat on her bed as she had her face in her hands. Tears streamed down her face and incoherent words were let out as she tried her best to muffle herself, but it worked to no avail.

As Y/n was crying from tiredness and frustration, Yangyang sat in the dance studio along with the unit's choreographer while drinking some water to rehydrate themselves. The two finally finished basically perfecting the dance and were now able to rest and catch their breaths for a bit before going home. They decided to talk for a bit as sitting in silence seemed like too little after having music blasting the whole time. The two men conversed about things outside of work. How the members and pets were doing, how Jaesong's girlfriend was doing, and most importantly, Y/n.