Meeting with Mr Hendricks

Mulai dari awal

My phone vibrated and I read Sang's text aloud to Sean.

"Worries about everyone but never herself and she's still evading!" Sean shook his head in disbelief.

I tapped a reply telling her to not worry about Kota and to tell me what was wrong with her cheek.

Her reply made me snort with anger.

"What's up?" Sean demanded.

"She says that she "Spoke out of turn and he has disciplined me". Which is Sang speak for she said something he didn't like and he's hit her one."

"She probably thinks that as her father he has the right to smack her one when she "acts" up. She's got no idea how proper relationships work," he shook his head sadly. "None of us would ever hit her, but she needs to know that discipline should never be physical no matter what she does."

"And this is coming from the man who threatens to put her over his knee if she runs out," I murmured, watching as Sang took some keys, car keys I think, from her father. She left the view of the camera and I rotated quickly until I could see her in the camera that watched the driveway.

"Oh, come off it, Owen, you know I don't mean I'd really do it. If she ever does go over my knee for a spanking it won't be because I'm punishing her," he snorted.

I had a mental image of her spread over my knees, her skirts up. I shook my head, I didn't need to go down that road at the moment.

I saw Kota and Nathan appear on screen and they were all over her.

"They've got her," I said and switched off the camera app.

I heard him sign in relief, a relief that was echoed in my own mind.

"We need this week away," I said and slid both phones into my pocket. I would give his back to him when we got to school.

"Yes, it'll be interesting to see if we can make a whole week without some kind of drama."

I snorted and watched as he slid the car into the bay at the car park. He switched off, took the keys out and gave them to me.

"Here you go, Mr Blackbourne, not a scratch on her."

"I have never doubted your driving skills," I told him and flashed him a smile.

"You always doubt my skills, Owen. It was only because you were watching the phone and texting that I didn't get a running commentary on what I was doing wrong!"

"It was only because I was texting that you were allowed to drive her, Dr Green." I smirked at him and got out of the car and when he was out, locked it.

My phone vibrated and I opened the message.

Kota: We have Sang, we're on our way. He hit her cheek, but doesn't look too bad. Told her the Doc will check her out.

I let Sean see the message and then we were heading inside to our office. I had grown to hate this building quickly. I would be glad when we could finish this and get out.

Sang's POV

I could see that both Mr Blackbourne and Dr Green had changed from earlier so I assumed they had gone back to their place when they left me. As soon as I had arrived at the office Dr Green was on me; examining my face and cheekbone and then, when he was happy that there was nothing major wrong, he had let Mr Blackbourne question me.

Gabriel, Silas and Victor had all arrived by that point and I had told them everything that had happened, including what had lead him to slap me. They had all remained perfectly quiet as I talked, but I could see North shifting around as he got angry.