prologue.

000 ⎯⎯ wakey wakey

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

suggested attempted suicide ?

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━𝐇𝐀𝐖𝐊𝐒 𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐁𝐁𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐅𝐅𝐄𝐄,
flashing a grin before stepping out the shop and onto the empty streets. It was early, too early for any sane person to be out. However Hawks had money to make and streets to patrol.

The blonde hero turned the corner, his eyes landing on a body in the middle of the road. He sighed, making his way over to person. "Great way to start the morning." 

Getting closer he realized it was a young woman and, luckily, she was still alive. He gave her a quick scan over, kneeling down beside her.

The woman appeared to be in pajamas, shorts and a hoodie along with untied converse. Her hair was out, it looked damp, like maybe she had just gotten out the shower. And her face was drained, her eye bags standing out.

Hawks nudged the girl, "Wakey wakey sunshine." 

Suddenly her eyes opened, an irritated look crossing her face. She sat up, glaring to the pro hero. "I wasn't sleeping asshole." She got up, beginning to walk away, Hawks following.

"So why were you in the street?"

"I wanted to."

"and if you got hit by a car?"

"Even better."

Hawks blew out a puff of air, "Where are you going now?" He questioned, sipping his coffee. The woman continued to walk, pulling up her hood. "Somewhere." 

"Home?"

"No."

"Work?"

"No."

"Then where-"

The woman spun, stepping up to the hero. "It's none of your business chicken little." She turned again, starting down the sidewalk. 

Hawks gripped his cup, biting his cheek. Fine, see if I care-

A sudden image of a news report covering a tragic car crash in which a woman was killed flashed into his mind, the blonde groaning.

"Fine but I have things to do." He began to walk away, one of his feathers pulling itself from his right wing. "Go watch out for her, make sure she doesn't get into trouble." The feather moved in a nodding motion, zipping off after the girl.

Hawks sipped his coffee, turning the corner. "Time for work."

↳ [Edited]
It's gonna be while before this book actually starts,
think of this as a preview