You decided to open up a book you were reading for the past few days, "Yo Y/N, you been outside?" You hear John B's heavy footsteps. You murmur a quick no, John B walks by the couch on his way to the backyard and slapping JJ on the back before he stepped out, "You good, bro?"

"I got Polio, bro. I can't walk," JJ says dramatically.

"Mornin' Princess" He lazily sits up beside you after 5 minutes of silence, "Wanna get me a beer?"

You raise an eyebrow poking your head up from your book, "Do I look like your maid or something?"

"No, but if you were you'd be wearing one of those black and white outfits that the ones in the movies wear." He leans in closer to get a peek at the book you were reading, you were side by side, shoulder to shoulder. You could smell the ocean water from when he surfed yesterday, you tried to calm your breathing. "C'mon beautiful, we can even share it."

You felt butterflies in your chest, it's just like JJ to try and get this reaction out of you to get you to give in and do whatever he asked, you wouldn't be surprised if he knew about your deep-rooted feelings for him and held it over you or maybe he just liked to bother you. Either way, you hated how playful he was in his flirting to tease you, not knowing the true effect he had over you. But over the years of being friends, you had gotten used to those feelings and saying no to him. You shoved him away from you, "Get it yourself, loser. And while you're at it bring me one."

He complained but got up and went to get the beer himself. You continue reading your book, stretching out onto the couch now that JJ got up. "Here," He hands you a can, going outside.

Eventually, you join once you start feeling the lack of their presence and you catch John B saying, "Come on think about it, it's God telling us to fish."

"Shouldn't we be cleaning up around here?" You motion towards the fallen trees and branches mixed in with all the trash outside. "The place looks wrecked and DCS could show up any day now."

"It'll be fine, who knows how much damage they took on the mainland." John B reassures, "Could be days or weeks until they show up."

You sighed, agreeing to a boat day. You tried to be the level-headed one when it came to you and John B, it never really worked though, considering you had a knack for getting into your fair share of trouble. Pope and Kie were the responsible ones of the group, when they were around, you let your guard down.

The first stop was to pick up Pope, you all observed the island, scooping out the destruction that was left by Agatha. JJ asked Ms. Amy if she got through the storm okay to which she responded that she was still here.

"She totally looked at me," JJ said smugly. Yeah, cause a grown-ass woman would be worried about him, you thought bitterly.

"I saw it," John B replied, you scolded your brother internally for encouraging JJ.

"We're gonna be cleaning this all summer," JJ groaned.

"That is my nightmare," John B pulled up on the dock where Pope was filling up a bucket of water.

"Well look who we have here," JJ mocked. "We have a safety meeting, Attendance mandatory." John B mimicked radio static.

"I can't, my pops got me on lockdown..." Pope argued. JJ continued to fake static "Your dad's a pussy, over." You cringed at the statement when you noticed Heyward walking down the dock, "Oh I heard that you little bastard."

That is definitely not the best way to get on Heyward's good side, "We need your son," You spoke up. "Yeah, and island rules day after hurricanes a free day," JJ defended.