Chapter Thirteen

"Hey!"

It didn't take long for the four of them to track down Bellamy. Or to rephrase, it didn't take long for Clarke to track down Bellamy.

"Where is it?"

They were all angry with Bellamy Blake at that very second, but it seemed Clarke was the most furious. And this only spurred her on to work harder; finding his trail in mere minutes.

"Hey princess, you taking a walk in the woods?"

Avery only just caught up to Clarke's quick pace, leaning against a tree to catch her breath as the other girl confronted Bellamy. He was yet to notice Avery's presence yet, but if he had, he would've dropped the oblivious act much sooner.

"They're getting ready to kill three hundred people up there to save oxygen. I guarantee it won't be Council members. It'll be working people. Your people.

It was difficult for him to act like he didn't know the radio Clarke was referring to. His whole body had stiffened; regret and upset and frustration in himself had taken over his body as he realised all of the deaths he may have indirectly caused.

"Bellamy," Finn had arrived then, only having lagged behind because he was helping Raven along. He delivered a harsh shove to Bellamy's chest. "Where's the radio?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Bellamy threw back stubbornly, pushing Finn in return.

"Bullshit." Avery spat at him. "I watched you take it from the Pod."

Bellamy whirled on her then, the look of fury in his eyes genuinely scaring her. But she was too stubborn to back off. Bellamy was pissed off but so was she.

"Avery, I swear to god-"

"-Bellamy Blake?"

Raven interrupted Bellamy's rant with the calm question of his name. She was much less angry than Avery was anticipating, and the girl watched cautiously as Raven's lips upturned in an amused smirk.

"They're looking everywhere for you."

"Shut up." Bellamy fired back, his hands clenching into fists.

"What? Don't want them to know you shot the Chancellor?" Avery challenged, revelling in how Bellamy's face dropped at the fact she had told his secret.

"That's why you took the wristbands." Clarke realised aloud, not missing the way Bellamy's jaw clenched at the words explaining his actions. "Needed everyone to think we were dead."

"And all that 'whatever the hell we want'? You were just saving your own skin."

Bellamy lacked a reply, instead turning swiftly away from them all and continuing to walk back towards camp. Avery wasn't sure what he was thinking, but there was no way he could be naïve enough to think the news wouldn't spread.

"Hey shooter!"

There was the angry Raven that Avery expected and adored.

"Where's my radio?"

"Get out of my way." Bellamy fired back, trying to move past the girl.

"Where is it?"

Bellamy stopped in front of Raven, who was glaring back at him stubbornly, challenging him to push past her. He didn't take that challenge. But he did meet her with a harsh threat.

"I should've killed you when I had the chance."

"Like I would've let you do that." Avery interjected, earning a scoff from Bellamy who narrowed his eyes in her direction.