A Tête-à-tête, Mon Cherie

A/n: Cherie_writes see what I did there! ahahah 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

He sneaked a glance at Mullai but she seemed to be enjoying the breeze and the view of the neem trees behind him...

"Romba azhganna veedu.. I'm so proud of you, Kathir..", she said her eyes with a far off look, the wind blew few tendril of her to wrap her neck and she pulled them back, making Kathir fight with all his might not to let his eyes wonder..

He cleared his throat, refixed his stanze and  saw her eyes again "Thank you...", he said, his voice sounded like he had not used them for ages, 

She dragged her eyes back to him, "You've made so much success... unaku athu puriyutha? You built a house for your family.." she insisted with delight, how infectious was her smile.. he fought back his own,  

"Eh ellarum than katunnathu... na matum illa.."  he looked at his toe nails for this, why was it humbling and exhilarating to hear her say this.. 

"Oh, shut up un than adakam is very pulla aritching... but enaku therium.. nan than ketene varum varum amma pesuratha.. kathir ippidi,  kathir appudi, kathir a pola varumaa.." she rolled her eyes playfully, "Phone ah eduthale Kathir puranam than.." She shook her head,  her eyes bore into his head that was still examining the floor. That made her smile wide. 

He mentally made a note to buy Parvathy heaps and heaps of gifts...

"Appudiya..", he grinned, "Ner la athai ena evlo kalaipanga theriyuma.." he looked up making Mullai giggle at that thought. It was so infectious that he too joined.. 

As the giggles fell into chuckles, a beat of silence followed...

Kathir spoke this time, "Yaaru kaga nanga ulachomo.. avunga rendu perumey illa.. " he said quietly, Mullai looked at him sharply at the sudden change of tone. Big mistake. His honest eyes was tight with grief that Mullai forgot how to take a breath.. 

Regret has never been so strong... she should have been there.. she should have been there for him.. 

"Kathir.. god kathir na.. na inga-", She started, reaching for his hand was stopped by another voice behind her, "Mullai! unna engalam thedrathu..." Keerthi had barged into the room with a new change of clothes, and freshly washed hair, sticking to them,   "Ehi Mullai vanthone nee pessi pesii thriumbi chennai ke anupchiratha..", she bit at Kathir who could not believe his bad luck that his parents just had to procreate after him.. 

'Kich kich nu per summa va vechan.. thodai la kich kich illa ena vazhai ke kich kich... ' he thought as he glared at his sister for having the worst timing in the universe,  

Mullai was being pulled to a side, "Mullai va... jeeva annanyum anniyum vanthutannga.." she said, linking her arm under Mullai's, 

 Mullai gave her a curious look and looked between the siblings, "Athu enna jeevaku matum avlo mariyatha.."

Keerthi gave a sly smile, "Jeeva annan thitnalum.. eppovatchum konjum.. kathir sutham.. athan avauku annan ah cancel pannitan" she said happily, 

"Ama iva koopudala nu than azhuvuranga.. po dii.." Kathir dismissed her, with a wave of his hand as he watched his sister drag the love of his life away... He looked up at the heavens, she was gonna touch his hand.. 'Kai ku etunathu vai ku etala nnu solluvanga.. enaku kai kuda ettaliyee.." he stomped his foot down like a child in the now empty room,