A House and a Heart that came alive...

A/N: Forgive me for the spelling mistakes and the obvious hiatus. :)

____________________________________________________

"Mullll Mulllll!" 

It was a screech that made Parvathy and Mullai jump to action from their lazy sunday.  Parvathy head popped into Mullais room, just as Mullai was getting out of it with a smile, they all knew who the loving scream belonged too, "Siren vanthuruchu.." Parvathy said, 

"Yen maa, neeyum chinna pullayatam..", Mullai threw the shawl in the bed and got out of the room. Standing in the entrance doorway of her house was the little sister from another mother, staring back up at her with her teeth in a straight line, arms at her hip like a superman pose. 

Mullais walk went into a hop as she flounced her way to the kid she missed so much "Kichhhh KICCCHHH!" she called her by her nickname. (Given to her by Kathir, one amongst a hundred others)

"Mulllai-" Keerthi began, but she was already in engulfed in a bear hug that knocked the wind out of her. Mullai was hit by a familiar scent of Kunnakudi as she hugged Keerthi, a wave of emotion came over her, that she swayed side to side in the hug. 

Kisses and giggles later, they broke apart but still held on to each other, 

"Eppidi di iruka?" Mullai grinned at her taking in her presence. It had been years since she had seen her face to face, but they had skyped and facetimed so many times. Truly, Keerthi had run to her at so many times of need that she was the only one Mullai had close contact with after she left to chennai. 

"Nee vanthuta la... we are going to have so much fun!" She grinned at Mullai, 

Mullai's expression went quizzical, "Fun! In kunnakudi?!" she exclaimed, 

Keerthi's smiled flattered, "Athu unamai than, but we namma every weekend ennagathu oorsuthalam", she giggled and Mullai realised how infectious it was 

"Ohh suthalamee.." she chimed in giving her a side hug, 

Parvathy and Murugan had come in ready to head out. Parvathy had a smirk in her face, "Mullai vanthathan veetu pakkam varuviya di?" she berated her. Keerthi scrunched her nose, "Of course, illati kelvan kelavies kuda enna pesurathu?" she said, tongue in cheek. Mullai giggled with her.  "Ana ungala illa mama!" she looked at Murugan, who did not look the least bit offended. "Neenga endrum illamai",  If Murugan could blush he would have turned beet red, 

Parvathy had her hand on her hip and a non stern glare, "En di Kathir varapa neeyum varalam la.." she said, moving to put packed side dishes on to a basket. Mullai's curiosity peaked at the mention of his name, "Kathir adikadi varuvana ma?", she asked, fixing her arm across Keerthi's shoulder. 

"Nee vera enga veetla irukurathu vida unga veetla than irupan... Unaku theriyatha? Ivanungalum Kathirum best friends," she pointed at Parvathy who had a very soft fond smile at her lips. Mullai found this unbelievably adorable. "Innikum avan thann vanthu pick up panrathuku ready agitu iruntha.. anna athukulla na car eh eduthu vannthutan.. veetuku ponna ennaku iruku,  nee than mullai kapathanum. Avan baby ah vera yaarum thoda kudathu nnu oru rule vera..", Keerthi held Mullais hand at her shoulder with the fear of imminent death ant Kathir's hands. 

Mullai chuckled as she promised she would save her. In a short while, Murugan  Parvathy and Mullai were in the car with Keerthi driving them to her house for the sunday lunch. Parvathy kept proclaiming how fast Keerthi had grown up by seeing her drive a four wheeler, which made Keerthi swell up in pride but she hid it well.