¡ thirty eight

Suna's pov

I was being woken up by my phone basically blowing up. Before I was checking on whose ass I was going to kick I was searching for (Y/N) but she wasn't in bed, she probably woke up earlier than me, as always.

So i took my phone and saw multiple messages from Atsumu and Aran. I wasn't really in the mood to read all of their messages and didn't want to hear Tsumu's voice right now so I called Aran, hoping he'd explain what the hell was going on.

But he didn't pick up, what a surprise. I sighed and decided to call Atsumu. Though he wasn't picking up either.

Their last messages were from a few minutes ago. Are they fucking with me? I really am not in the mood for pranks right now.

I read their last messages and it was just Atsumu saying 'you're fucked' and 'pick up' multiple times.

What the fuck.

I swear to god if they're pranking me they're dead.

I don't know if it was because I was still tired or because it wasn't surprising that something else had happened, but I just wanted to see her right now.

I went downstairs because she was probably either in the living room or kitchen since my parents and my sister were gone for the day.

When I reached the last step I saw her standing in the kitchen, leaning against a counter with a cup in her hand. For a second i just stood there admiring her. She stared into nothing and didn't even realise that I was there until I kissed her on the cheek.

"Good morning babe." I now stood in front of her and looked into her eyes. And when I say I have never seen more beautiful eyes than hers, I mean it with my whole heart.

"Good morning" she gave me a weak smile, I knew something was up.

"What's wrong princess?" Even though I knew what answer I would get from her, I'm still asking.

"Nothing's wrong, I'm okay. Just a bit tired." She said not looking at me.

Bullshit.

I may not be the smartest but I'm not dumb. I knew she hated talking about her problems and I didn't want to pressure her into doing or saying something she's not comfortable with. But I see that whatever is on her mind is killing her right now and that it would maybe help just to talk about it, or even just to get it out.

"You're a really bad liar you know that?" I let out a small chuckle, hoping to lighten up the mood a bit, but I didn't even get a small smile. I hated seeing her like this. She deserves better.

I got a bit closer to her and gave her a hug. Her head was on my chest and I stroked her back.

It took her a while to get out some words, but I didn't mind, I'd gave her all of my time if I could.

"I was just, I don't know, thinking about my dad I guess and other random things." She sighed.

So that's what's been eating her up inside. She always talks about her dad, she always sounded so happy when she told me about the things they did together or what type of person he was.

He was her only safe space and I can't imagine what it felt like losing the only person that cares about you, so I wanted to become that person. Someone she can trust. I hated seeing her sad, she didn't deserve this, she already went through so much.

I can't lose her nor her trust, not again.

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

I'm not the best at comforting people, but I try my best. She deserves the best.