¡ thirteen

You smiled at him but were a bit confused.

"Why do you care about me so much? We only met like yesterday.." you didn't notice how close you guys were at this moment.

"I know, but something just-" he got interrupted once again by Osamu running into the gym humming a random song

"OH-" he suddenly stopped running when he saw you  "sorry didn't know you were still in here, I forgot my phone, continue, I was never here"

You turned back around to Suna and looked at him, he looked at Samu and had an annoyed look on his face, by the look on him and him rolling his eyes you could tell that Osamu was making some weird faces, probably winking at Suna.

Once he left Suna told you "sorry they're just-" he tried to apologise.

"Don't apologise. It's not your fault he forgot something" you tried to laugh it off a bit. You were both still standing very close to each other, but none of you seemed to mind.

"No it's not that, I just thought when I first saw you that you were- Uh that we could be" he looked away for a second after he said that "..friends?", your heart kinda dropped after he asked that, you just met him yesterday but did you really think he would be interested in that kinda way? You felt your chest getting heavier as if something was hurting inside, you never felt that way besides when your dad passed away.

"Uh Yea sure I mean why not" you answered while taking a few steps back.

'Oh god how embarrassing wtf'
'You really thought this would go somewhere huh'
'Well maybe only being friends is okay..'
You really wanted to stop these thoughts because they were hurting you only more.

But Suna didn't seem to be happy about what he said either.

Besides all the negative thoughts something popped up in your head

"Omg uhm Suna can I ask you something?" He nodded in response, "yesterday at the twins house, when you told me to call you Rintarō" his eyes widened a bit and he looked away, "what did Tsumu mean by 'that's a first one'?" You were asking yourself that damn question all night, you just had to ask him.

"I just- i don't know I just like it when some people call me by my first name, not many people use my first name you know" you nodded slightly.

"Well I like your name Rintarō" you said smiling, emphasising his name and getting a bit closer to him. He gave you a smile back and it made your heart speed up.

"I like your name too y/n" you blushed a little at the way your name perfectly rolled off his tongue. You guys were close, really close. You didn't know what you just did,

'How did i- why did I get closer'
'What did I say wtf is going on'
'Why doesn't it feel awkward with him'

You felt safe around him, even though you only knew him one day, your anxiety magically disappeared when you talked to him and you didn't know why, normally you are bad at holding conversations with new people when you're alone with them, but this time it's.. different? It felt like you've known him for years.

He packed his things while you stood there leaned against the wall, deciding to break the silence,

"Uhm so," you began talking, something in your head told you to trust him and just to tell him, "the thing we talked about before-" he was still not looking at you "about volleyball.." he then turned around and looked slightly concerned again and nodded as in that he was listening.

You told him everything, how your dad got you into volleyball, how you joined the club in middle school and were one of the best setter, about your accident and finally, how your dad died and how you stopped playing since because of it. You had to hold your tears back because you didn't want to cry in front of him.

"It just reminds me of so much pain, thats why when I hear about it or see it, the memories just.. start to come back and even like, I don't know, like attack me or something you know?" You tried to explain the feeling but he seemed to understand, "So that's why when we talked about volleyball-"

"The memories and the pain came back" he cut you off finishing your sentence, you just nodded.

"Thank you for telling me" he seemed to genuinely mean it and gave you a small smile.

"You know" he said grabbing your hand and rubbing his thumb slowly over your palm, it sent shivers down your spine but you liked it, "it's okay and normal to not feel okay sometimes, and it's not good to bottle up all those emotions got it?" He told you looking directly into your eyes, you just nodded as a response. "I'm always here to talk if you want"

"Thank you, Rintarō" you smiled at him.