18 (in my lover era).

avery woke up with a smile on her face.

drew was still asleep.

in her bed.

with her.

her smile widened and she reached out to gently run her fingers through his soft hair. a week ago, she learned what it was like to kiss drew starkey without a script. it was exciting, learning just how to mold her lips to his without any direction. her face flushed at the thought.

she appreciated the unspoken communication they shared, likely attributed to the close time spent together lately. drew did not offer any labels for whatever was growing between them and did not try to force her to come up with any. it felt calm and easy and beautiful.

avery hated when people encouraged falling into love. after nursing a broken heart in high school from stumbling blindly into a relationship a little too quickly, she admired the art of a slow burn. everything about drew was just as exciting but in a perfectly different way. she wanted to walk with him in step, stopping to smell the roses along the way.

she sucked in a breath, biting her lip when she felt him stir under her touch. instead of waking, he simply curled back onto his pillow. she moved her fingers, tracing the emblem of the north carolina flag on his t-shirt.

overwhelmed with anticipation, avery knew she would not be able to follow him back to sleep. last night, drew asked for her permission for a real date. they both refused to let the virus limit time outdoors. they settled on visiting a strawberry patch the next afternoon. avery promised to make strawberry milkshakes after if only to catch a glimpse of his golden smile when she brought it up.

her usual patient nature felt spent. while the sun on her skin and the warmth radiating from the body next to her felt nice, the butterflies in her stomach urged the day forward. smiling again to herself, she breathed in the morning air seeping in through the open window and let her head rest next to drew's.

❤️: madelyncline, drewstarkey, and 625,263 othersaverymurphy: i'm in my lover era

averymurphy: i'm in my lover era

username: she looks so happy i can't

username: what does this caption mean

gretamurphy: Such a bright smile baby girl!
averymurphy: i had a happy day momma :)

username: "a happy day" 🥺

username: not her best picture lmfao

username: is she dating someone?

now texting addy murph

avey murph
i had a really, really good day

avey murph
i'm so glad i agreed to a real date

addy murph
i'm melting

avey murph

drewseph made friends with the owner's dog at the strawberry patch

dog at the strawberry patch

addy murph
he would omg

adrianna murphy is texting drewseph starkey

adrianna murphy
you are making my sister very happy

drewseph starkey
she's making me very happy

drewseph starkey
thank you again for the idea of
strawberry picking

adrianna murphy
i love to hear it ! of course

adrianna murphy
okay gtg have to feed the babe

drewseph starkey
tell baby saylor i say hello

adrianna murphy

drewseph starkey copying her aunt who is also slumped rn

drewseph starkey
copying her aunt who is also slumped rn

adrianna murphy
afternoon naps are a murphy family
delicacy 🤨🤨