3 (princess madelyn).

avery woke up to lingering pain in her neck, but it certainly was not the only thing she felt. she rubbed at her eyes that she denied to be just brown, claiming that there were remnants of hazel hiding in her irises. she did not remember falling asleep or even being tired enough to properly do so.

despite last night, avery prided herself in being able to stay up incredibly late without trouble. quarantine had quickly changed her sleep schedule. she would be lying if she said there were not multiple times where she fell asleep to the birds singing by her window. the only person who seemed to be able to hold out longer than avery was drew, which explained the current situation.

one arm was curled under his head by a pillow while the other was thrown over the girl haphazardly. avery guessed that she had drifted off onto his shoulder after finishing their second movie last night, to which drew followed shortly thereafter. his computer was left open on the coffee table but the screen was black.

it was not the first time she had found herself in this position. hell, their characters did a lot more than just sleep together on the show. somehow, though, it felt different this time. maybe it was because neither of them were following a script.

avery recalled the first time she met drew. there was an undeniable attraction, but she quickly got over it. she was not afraid to admit someone was attractive, but was not ready to let it interfere with her work. so after a few days of working together, that was it.

the filipino girl shoved drew's shoulder to attempt to wake him up. this elicited a groan from him but only resulted in him rolling over on his stomach with his head in the pillow. it allowed avery to get up, however, so she took the opportunity.

avery stood up but left an arm on the couch. she twisted deliberately to crack her back, knowing the sound had routinely annoyed drew for the last month. without looking, he reached up to hit her arm to get her to stop. she rolled her eyes in between a laugh but let him do it.

"maddie's coming over today for breakfast," avery announced as she walked into the kitchen, "what do you want today, drew?"

madelyn cline lived in the apartment building across the street and was quarantining with chase. everyone in the cast was strictly committed to social distancing but as restrictions began to lift, they visited each other when possible (but only one another).

avery gave drew time to think, knowing he could never decide right away. in exchange for getting to take his spare room, she offered to do most of the cooking. breakfast, when the two young adults were up at the same time, was no exception. the system worked and kept them both satisfied with the situation.

"uh," he mumbled into the pillow, flipping away from it only to better run a hand through his messy hair as he met avery's eyes, "eggs are fine. can we have that bread thing, too?"

"the pandesal?" avery giggled, motioning to the classic filipino rolls stored on the counter.

"yeah, that!" drew corrected himself tiredly.

even though avery was adopted at seventeenth months old, her mother still wanted to allow the girl to experience as much of her culture as possible in america. because of this, greta murphy worked hard to help avery learn all of the filipino recipes she could when she showed an interest in cooking as a young girl. it was something special for the both of them to partake in together.

avery turned the knob on the stovetop. gathering her hair on the top of her head, she slipped the hair tie off of her wrist and into her hair, fixing it in a bun. the handles to the fridge were cold as she opened them in search of the eggs she knew were hidden somewhere inside. the bracelets on her wrist that matched with the other girls in the cast jingled as she reached for the carton.

drew grabbed his phone to check the time and any new messages before letting it fall back down on his chest. the screensaver made him crack a smile. it was a live picture of him and austin pushing madison and avery into the pool outside of the cameron house. he watched avery make their breakfast in peace, enjoying the comfortable silence only broken when she began to hum let it go. drew laughed at her for having the frozen song stuck in her head from last night, to which avery's only response was to stick out her tongue and continue to cook.

❤️: rudeth, madelyncline, and 272,937 othersaverymurphy: princess madelyn has arrived for breakfast

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

❤️: rudeth, madelyncline, and 272,937 others
averymurphy: princess madelyn has arrived for breakfast

username: the enthusiasm is unparalleled

hichasestokes: where's my invite
averymurphy: up your ass

username: what can i do to be an extra in s2

rudeth: i thought i was your princess
averymurphy: baby you're the QUEEN! never let anyone tell you otherwise.

username: real ones stan rudy and avery
username: why does everything have to be a ship the whole show was about platonic friendships ftw

username: she's beautiful

username: "quarantine"

author's note:
hello to all the new readers/new viewers of my works in general. i'm marie! tell me something about yourself if you'd like :))

also i'm 100% not filipino so anything i use in my story is from the internet. if you are filipino or are more knowledgeable about the culture please correct me on anything i screw up!!! thank ya!!