➭Chapter 9: Got it in you

Comincia dall'inizio

He didn't know what to do, they would be caught if they stayed there and they would be caught if they got out. They were trapped, and he didn't want to think about the things they would do if they saw them

He didn't want to think about the things they would do to Newt. They would probably never let him see Newt again, nor having any kind of contact with him. Newt would be punished, hurt. He hated the idea.

"Okay, okay. What now?" Newt whispered, a noticeable pang of fear on his tone. His brown orbs were analyzing the place as well. Looking for anything useful.

"I-I don't know. I can't find anything" Thomas spoke frustrated. He was starting to sweat, the room suddenly became smaller, and the walls were shrinking around him. He found it hard to breath. This couldn't be happening.

"Hey, hey, hey. Calm down, okay? We are not going to get anywhere if we panic" Newt approached to him, and cup his cheeks with both of his hands, trying to keep him grounded. The blond forced him to look at him.

"I'm okay, I'm okay" He assured more to himself than to Newt. Shaking his head to focus again, he took Newt's hands on his own and gently pulled them away from his face, so they could keep looking.

"Alright, just keep calm-"

A loud knocking sound cut Newt's words, making the boys turn to look at the door, frozen of terror. The knocks were constants, deafening, rough. They didn't stop.

Thomas looked at Newt completely terrified, and Newt's eyes widened,

"I know you're in there, just open the door!"

Randal's voice echoed inside the room, muffled by the thick material of the door and the walls.

"Shit..." Thomas muttered, looking down and pulling his hair thwarted. They had found them, and a paralyzing fear creped inside his bones. Body shaking involuntary.

"Hide, Tommy" Newt stated firmly, looking at him with a serious expression. Thomas frowned confused.

"What?"

"Hide, come on!" Newt ordered whispering, his tone harder than before.

"But. Newt I-"

"They only want you, okay? And you can't go back there. You can't, Tommy" Newt sounded defeated, his eyes becoming glassy.

"But they'll hurt you!" Thomas snapped worried, while the yelling outside continued.

"I don't care about me. You were the one suffering the past months, and I can't stand knowing it is because of me" Newt's tone of voice decreased, and he looked down. For a moment Thomas thought he could see moisture building on his eyes.

He didn't want to make Newt feel guilty. Newt was the last person who should feel that way. He didn't deserve it, he couldn't just surrendered to the guards because of him.

Thomas pulled Newt into a hug, letting the boy bury his head on the crock of his neck, softly stroking his mop of golden hair as he delivered a couple of tears on his scalp. He was definitely not okay with this plan. He wasn't going to let Newt do that.

But instead he didn't have much of a choice, when Newt pushed him behind the shelves before he could do anything about it, and he tripped over his own feet and fell to the ground. He recovered as soon as he lost balance, but it was already too late. He stretched to grab Newt by his arms before the blond could reach the handle, and when his fingers grazed the skin, a loud bolt of electricity exploded through the door and they both were pushed backwards with a power Thomas couldn't explain.

His limbs began to shake erratically. Unable to control them he let out strained noises against the strong force that had taken over his body. His arms themselves curled against his chest, fingers twitching and muscles tense. He tried to fight it as his body was slumped again the opposite wall next to the shelves, but it was stronger than him.