[1.2] and into wartime

Start from the beginning

    "Force History is boring. Why do I have to learn about what a bunch of dead Jedi did when I could just learn it when I do it?" I ranted, too much- pull back. "I thought Force Theory would be fun but it's just a bunch of essay's. No acting on the theories."

    Master Kenobi gave me the side eye, I stared back at him hoping he wouldn't see through me. I held his uncertain gaze until he looked away, convinced...I think. "Okay."

    "Who goes to the gym with you?" What was he trying to get at? Was he going to lecture me on my behavior or not?

    "Ahsoka, Barriss Offee, and Liam Calloway." I fiddled with the ends of my tunic, it was a black color with a complimentary brown leather belt to clip my saber to.

    "Calloway? That's Master Securra's padawan."

    I beamed as I recalled how proud I had been after hearing Liam was picked, the first one in our group- but that wasn't surprising. I was so jealous because Master Securra had been the Master I wanted, but I was more excited for him than anything. "Yeah, he's a friend of mine."

    "Oh I know." I looked up at him in question.

    He grinned down at me, "I knew who you were Vera, I came in to watch your clan when I had my eyes on Ahsoka."

    "I couldn't help but be distracted by the two chatterboxes in the back." I winced as he added that, it was true, Liam and I talked a lot.

    "Why did you ask me all these questions if you already knew the answers?"

    "I wanted to see what you'd tell me." Master Kenobi said as if it were obvious. "And I also wanted the conversation to feel natural."

    Master Kenobi was a lot different than I had initially thought. He was very good conversation, even if he had just been asking me questions the entire time. It still didn't answer my question the way I wanted though.

    "I'm sorry- Master Kenobi?" He stopped and looked at me again waiting for me to ask my question. "Aren't you going to lecture me for my behavior?"

    This was fishy. He was being too...nice?

He watched me for a moment considering my question. It urked me to no end knowing that any other master would've lectured me for hours but that the one I'd heard was the most 'old-fashioned' wasn't lecturing me at all. Was he just waiting until my guard was down so that he could make the lecture more memorable? Was he waiting for the tension to get so high that I embarrassed myself again? It was making me nervous not knowing what he was thinking.

    "We'll have to sort this out later." He folded his hands behind his back, "It won't be long before those droids find a way around our canons."

    With that he walked off leaving me to bask in my skepticism. I glanced up to find him again and saw he was halfway across the lot. I ran to catch up to him, this is going to be a long day.

    As we went to find our Commander, Master Kenobi had informed me his name was Cody, we ran into Ahsoka and another clone. He had bleached blonde hair buzzed down to his scalp, he seemed to be in a rush but I ignored that bit as my eyes found his helmet under his arm. The painting on his helmet looked like it signified something, he had a set of JAIG eyes on it in a nice blue color. I'm sure he was very proud of those. "General, we're headed to a briefing."

    Master Kenobi nodded, "We were just looking for Cody, I'm sure he'll be there."

    With that we fell in step beside Ahsoka and the unknown man. I kept trying to find a way to stand next to her, but Master Kenobi simply placed a hand on my shoulder and gave me a look so I'd stay put. I curled my lips but did as he said.