8.

i obviously suck at committing to what i say, my god. but hopefully, i can get back into this idk i make no promises due to the fact that im horrible. 

-

Hopes POV

"hellooooo, where is he, Luke?" I yelled, not because i was upset, just because the music was blaring and  Caleb was crying. 

"um uh he's um up there, i think" Luke replied, still in shock I guess. I mean im just that great arent i.

"thanks, i guess. bye Luke." 

I headed up the steps to the balcony, where i found Jace hitting on a girl that kind of looked like a freshman. I kind of wanted to warn her about him, and what he did to me but no one believes me, shit i dont even believe myself. He doesnt seem like the kind of guy to do what he does, he comes off as sweet and happy and funny and smart. Shit. I tapped on his shoulder, and suprisingly he stopped what he was doing to talk to me, thats a first. 

"What the fuck are you doing here, with that." he scoffed, pointing at Caleb. 

"Way to be a dick, never fails does it. Don't you just get tired of yourself sometimes. Seriously, GROW THE FUCK UP AND ADMIT THAT THIS IS YOUR CHILD NOT A 'THAT'. We would'nt even be going through this if it weren't for you. So. MAN THE FUCK UP AND OWN UP TO YOUR FLAWS."  It all just flew out of my mouth before he got the chance to even say anything i turned and speed walked away. I would've ran  but you cant run with a baby in your arms so , didnt do that. 

"Hope, wait!" Wow, all i needed to do was beat him with a few fucked up word choices and he'd want to be a man. Why didnt i do this months ago.

I pushed through a shitload of drunk idiots, only to be pulled aside by the biggest idiot of all. Luke Hemmings.

"Luke, get the fuck off of me" 

"Hope, wait listen. I like you, i really really do like you. I want you to know that im not as big a dick as you think i am. I didnt want to hurt you, and i didnt think i would. You seem extremely strong, i was hoping you would just move on right away, haha hoping, get it cause your name is hope."

"Whatever, piece of shit." i scoffed, trying to push past more pieces of shit to get out of this big ass piece of shit. 

"WAIT, I LOVE YOU." I didnt turn around because in all honesty i didnt need to know who said it. 

I got home, only to see cop cars and a Jace sitting on my door step. He punched through my window. But i dont think he did it to make my life a living hell this time. i think he was, in a freaky, drunk way trying to surprise me. 

"Jace, what did you do? I'm literally dirt poor as it is, you know that and you know why." I waved off the cops to let them know that it was fine for them to leave or at least i hoped it was. 

"Im sorry, Hope. Im so sorry." There it was, what i've been waiting what felt like centuries for. Jace was crying on my doorstep, not the other way around this time. I pushed through my feelings of wanting to kiss and makeup with him, because i couldnt. I mean i shouldnt? I walked past him unlocking the door and letting him and myself in. I fed Caleb and put him to bed and even though i took a while, Jace was still crying on my couch. 

"Jace, what the fuck" 

"Hope, I love you, I think I'll always love you. I dont know why i did what i did, i dont know why. But, I love you. I love you, I love you."  I was shocked. Extremely shocked. 

" No you dont, you're drunk." 

"Yeah, but drunk equals honesty and courage. I've got drunken balls." I laughed. I shouldnt have but i did. This felt like a dream. 

"What does this mean, Jace? You want to be with me, You want to raise Caleb, You want to stop making my life hell? What does this mean? 

"It means I LOVE YOU. I'd scream it from the rooftop, cause i do. My god i do. I can explain it to you now, why i did it. It was all fucked up, all so so fucked up. I took a lot of things i shouldnt have that night, I was dazed when i did it. So, when we started to make out, i figured it was consent enough. I wasnt thinking, i know that now. I was being a dick. It was my first time too, i dont think i told you that. I was dazed and i was excited and i tuned everything out and it all went black i didnt hear you saying no, I didnt see what i was doing, I couldnt remember what happened the next day, and i've been trying to convince myself you were lying and that it was consensual and you were the one being the bitch, not me. SO ive been making your life a living hell, to prove a point. But when you yelled at me earlier it all came back to me. 

*FLASHBACK* 

JACES POV

"Hey, Jace. Try this man" Cody handed me a couple pills. I took them, i didnt think it was that big a deal. I was here with my girlfriend, at my bestfriends house party. Worse comes to worst, i could just spend the night here with Hope and it wouldnt be a big deal. Why not, have a little fun. 

So i partied, and i partied and it all kicked in. So i partied harder. Then i saw her, Hope. MY beautiful girlfriend. SHE WAS MINE ALL MINE. I had to prove it, we would be together forever. We love each other, I love everything about her, the way she does her hair, the chipped tooth shes got that comes with the most hilarious story you would ever hear,  I love the way she tries not to smile around me, but she always fails because im clearly the funniest man at earth and i love that she laughs at my jokes. I love that shes clumsy, I love it all. I want to hug her and kiss her and marry her. We're gonna get married, right now. 

"HOPE, MARRY ME" i yelled over the loud music. 

"what the fuck, Jace. are you alright?" she questioned. 

"yeah im fine, i just love you" i calmed down a bit, and then i kissed her, and i kept kissing her, maybe tonight would be the night, maybe we'd both lose it. 

*END OF FLASHBACK*

There was a ring at the doorbell. 

"Hold that thought" Hope was smiling, at me. 

She opened the door, and there stood Luke MotherFucking Hemmings with a shitload of roses and a bucket of baby toys that came with a goofy smile on Luke MotherFucking Hemmings MotherFucking face. 

Not now. 

-

Ahhh, plot twist. smh i didnt even think that was gonna happen, i love freelance writing wow.