Chapter 24

Upon reaching her own rooftop, Ladybug de-transformed, leaving a tired Marinette where the spotted heroine once was. Tikki floated over to her desk to get a cookie before making herself comfortable next to Plagg, who was asleep. Marinette kissed her fingers and placed them on the red kwami's head before climbing into her own bed. Not bothering to stifle her yawn, Marinette pulled the covers over her cold body, almost instantly falling into a pleasant slumber.

————————————————————

"Marinette! Your alarm has been going off for five minutes!" Marinette forced herself out of her bed at the sound of her mother's voice.

"Coming Maman!" She tiredly shouted down the stairs. The girl turned her alarm off and made her way to the bathroom. After a warm shower she made her way back to her room, surprised to find her clothes already picked out. "Thank you, Tikki!"

The red kwami smiled at her owner. "Maybe no midnight runs tonight? You seem pretty tired this morning." Marinette chuckled.

"Right, no midnight runs for tonight. Sorry Plagg." The black kwami made his way over to Tikki as Marinette got changed.

"Shame, it would've been nice if you tried my miraculous out again." Plagg said as Marinette was brushing her hair.

"No time for pigtails, I'll just leave it down." Marinette mumbled to herself. She grabbed her purse and opened it. "Alright, let's go." The two kwamis flew inside and Marinette closed her purse. Grabbing her backpack, Marinette made her way downstairs where her mother was waiting.

"Good morning, Marinette." Sabine said as her daughter sat down, handing her a plate of croissants.

"Yum, thank you Maman." Marinette ate the pastries quickly and drank her glass of water just as fast. She then placed her dishes in the sink and grabbed the backpack she had put down earlier. "Bye Maman!"

Marinette raced downstairs. "Have a good day at school Marinette!" Her father called as she ran past.

"Thank you Papa! Bye Papa!" Marinette opened the front door and ran towards the crossing. Unfortunately it was a red light for her, so she had to stand and wait. She realised that this was the crossing where she and Master Fu first met, when she saved him from an oncoming car. There were less people around this time, either staying home out of fear of Akumas, moving to some of the lesser populous areas of Paris, or leaving Paris entirely, moving to other places in France. Wistfully, she let the memories replay in her head, inwardly chuckling as it seems she hasn't changed much since then. 'I wonder how Master Fu is doing now?'

Then the pedestrian light turned green and she rushed down the cross walk to her school doors. She only just made it, the bell rang the moment she set foot on the school premises. Marinette sprinted to Mlle Bustier's classroom, only just making it on time. She found that everyone, except Mlle Bustier, was there. She sat down next to Alya.

"You made it just on time girl." Alya whispered to her, Mlle Bustier just walked into the classroom. Marinette stifled a giggle.

"I'm trying to get better." She whispered back. The vermillion-haired teacher then began to take registration. Marinette and Alya exchanged a few words here and there, keeping their voices down so that way no one else could hear them.

Once Mlle Bustier had finished the register, she started the lesson. Marinette didn't exactly pay attention to her teacher as she realised the Mlle Bustier was teaching a specific subject that Marinette knew off by heart, so the bluenette tuned her out. Even when Mlle Bustier asked her a question, Marinette answered with 100% accuracy. So much so that Marinette herself was impressed at her own words. 'Maybe I am getting smarter' she thought to herself. Until she reached Mlle Mendeleiev's science class and she was handed a pop quiz paper. 'Never mind'