Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Some moments would be better off lasting forever, like the moment when I laid cuddled up to Dan on the carpet of grass. Some things are just so beautiful you do not want to let them go, but you just have to.

This moment felt like forever but it ended so suddenly, so unexpectedly. It is even unbelievable to believe that a bunch of words would ruin such a believably perfect moment.

“Look here, we have faggots in school,” some boy shouted from behind us and we quickly let go off each other, looking behind.

“Aw, you look so sickly cute together,” he laughed hard, throwing an empty can at me. I did not do anything. After all, he was right, I was a faggot according to him but Dan was not. I wanted to stand up for Dan so bad but I just could not. I am too weak, too fragile and too much of a coward.

I felt someone grab my wrist and pull me up. It was Dan, his soft, tanned face shining behind the sun’s rise. I hated zoning out from then on; I did not want to miss such things.

His warm smile never fading off his face, even after what we have been told by the boys. He impressed me more and more each time, it was magical how he could do that to me.

“Let’s get away from here,” he whispered to my ear, looking behind at the boys, still standing there and making fun of us.

I nodded and gave him a reassuring smile.

Then it happened, he took hold of my hand and we ran. We ran far, far away, into the complete to us unknown; through bushes and through trees; ferns and grass.

We ran far off from school, I did not have any clue where we were but we were far away from what we enjoyed calling ‘Prison’.

Being honest, I have never been on this side of land apart from school, I was scared, I did not know what was waiting for me to see but I was glad that my friend was there with me.

Dan was new to this neighbourhood and things and he already knew more of the land than did after so many years here. He impresses me, as always though.

I could feel his grip tightening to my hand. It felt like heaven to have him holding my hand; I know it is not what friends do, friends do not hold hands and run away from school together but it felt amazing, because it was a friend I had a little crush on, it was something magical. You would understand if you were me. I am sure you also have a crush on someone or may have had one, imagine holding your crush by the hand, and just imagine how would you feel? That is exactly how I felt right then.

I do not know how long we have been running for now but it was not tiring at all, it was amazing. The wind through my hair, the tree branches hugging me on the way, it could not be any more perfect and magical. It felt like wonderland, it felt heavenly. Imagine.

“Close your eyes!” he shouted to me, over the cold air blowing onto our faces.

I did as I was told, obeying his rules and closing my eyes shut tightly. We stopped; I felt my cold face being held in a pair of warm, gentle hands from the back. Dan needed to make sure I did not look, of course.

“Tell me what you feel,” he whispered in my ear, softly and gently. I will sin and tell you it felt like I got paralyzed by his perfectness and gentleness.

I tensed up at the thought of telling him how I felt, I did not want to lie to him but at the same time, I did not want to be honest with him, he would think I was crazy.

“Cold,” I said simply.

He took his hands off my eyes and let me gaze into the heavenly fields of gold. They were really heavenly, that was the place where the sun broke through the clouds and made the whole place look like heaven.

The field was all lightened up by the sun’s raises and the wind blew softly and gently through the tall wheat.

“Wow,” I managed to force out of myself.

“I like to come here when things get bad,” he whispered to me. “It’s like escaping from reality, far away into heaven, without having to die.”

He was right, this place looked like heaven; for the first time in my life, I felt like in heaven, without dying. I just was in heaven and I did not need to be dead.

We lay there, in the middle of this golden field, and stared at each other for ages. Nothing could bother us anymore right now; nothing could stop us, not anymore. It felt magical to just lay there and gaze to his soul through these chocolate, hazel eyes.

This boy was like a drug to me, I think I had gotten addicted to him. The way he looked, the way he smiled, the way he talked, the way he stared, just the way he was; it was so tremendous.

“Phil,” he said and smiled, these perfect dimples of his showing up, making me smile almost immediately.

“Dan,” I replied, trying to smile the best smile I could.

Dan then sat up and crawled up closer to my side, falling into my arms once more. But this time, he was not facing away. He was facing me, looking up into my eyes and I could feel our noses touching. His breath on my cold skin was even more heavenly than the place itself.

I was never that close to anyone ever before, it was a calming feeling, having someone perfect so close to you, literally inches apart.

“Phil,” he said once again.

“Dan,” I smiled right back at him.

I could feel his lips touch my pale, marble skin cheek. He planted me a kiss on the cheek and now I knew for sure, that I was definitely not dreaming but living a dream, laying in heaven and cuddling up to my dream perfection.

I did not know how to reply to his peck so I did the same to him. His skin was so soft, so warm and just so gentle. It felt so perfect; you would understand if you touched it. You really would.

I am abusing on the word perfect but there is no other way I could explain all these things that I feel towards Dan.

Some things never end, some things just continue, and it is amazing for it to be.

Imagine living a dream, in heaven, with your angel right next to you. Just imagine, and you will know what it is like. Trust me, you will.