Chapter 2

Chapter 2

This morning, I got ready as quick as I could; all I wanted was to see Dan again. It felt so great to have a friend once again. Do you ever feel so fulfilled about something that you cannot wait to see what happens next?

That is exactly how I felt. It was a feeling of happiness, joy, perhaps the feeling of being complete.

I have never felt complete ever before in my life, but I feel like I do, right now. I enjoy this feeling, it is so magical and yet so innocent in its own way.

It was sunny this morning, something weird though, it was hardly ever sunny at this time of the year; I sat on the hard, wooden doorstep to my front door and waited for Dan. I would not mind him taking ages to come over for me; I really would not mind that.

To my surprise, it did not take him any long at all; he was getting closer as I have seen him coming nearer in the far distance.

He looked really gorgeous today; don’t judge me for thinking this, because it was true. He really did look gorgeous this morning. Even though he was in the far distance, I could easily tell. His hair was perfectly straightened and his fringe was swept to the side gently. His black jacket matching his band t-shirt as well as his skin tight jeans.

That boy gives me feelings I have never felt before and thoughts I had never experienced before. There was something perfect about him.

He looked up from the pavement and caught my eyes, waving me a hello and racing towards me. Was he excited to see me as I was excited to see him?

I wish he really was. Oh how I wish. People wish a lot of things, but none of them ever come true really, thinking logically.

He sped up and as soon as he got close enough, he ran straight into my arms. That was a feeling that I could never explain, something perfect. Did you ever have a crush on someone so bad that when they made eye contact with you, you just felt like in your very own wonderland?

That is more or less exactly how I felt. As soon as I wrapped my arms around him I never wanted to let him go.

I knew what he was to me now; he was my crush.

“Phil, did you do that Maths homework we had?” Dan asked, hesitantly.

“Did we have any?” I asked back, confused. I never knew we had any homework, I daydream far too much in class, and I must change that.

When the teacher turned to me and Dan to ask about the homework, she knew the answer, most obviously. She did not have to ask really, she just marked us as N/A and stated furiously, “Out.”

We laughed through the whole period, sitting outside the classroom against the wall, on the cold tile floor. It was not that bad, I had a friend to laugh with through the time, which was amazing.

We were talking and laughing about the smallest things. We found out so much more about each other as well, it felt ever so casual, to just discuss all these things with someone you truly trust.

Do you have this one person that you can simply tell anything? That you can trust about everything? You would then agree with me, that it was an amazing feeling to just spill everything out into words.

Words were something unknown to me, something I have never experienced to do. Thoughts were my known, I sailed into the unknown which were words but I liked it, probably more than I should.

Time passed quite quickly and before I could even turn back and look behind me, it was lunch already, meaning that everyone would gather up in the Cafeteria and find their friends.

Dan and I on the other hand, didn’t go to the Cafeteria; we decided to go outside into the empty yard and have time for ourselves; in the peace and silence of the deserted place.

“So peaceful, is it?” he smiled, while lying down onto the carpet made of grass, under the shade of the old oak tree.

I joined him, lying beside him and staring into the cloudy skies. They were ever so perfect. The sky was of a beautiful light blue shade, like my eyes, but the dark grey clouds were covering bits of it forming images. I loved the way the clouds were forming different pictures out of themselves, I enjoyed trying to decode what they were trying to say. I did that ever since I was a young boy.

When I turned my head to the side to look at Dan, he was already looking at me. Was it for a long time? I wish it was, because it would make me feel magical.

“Your eyes are as beautiful as this sky, did you know that?” he said, smiling at me with his dimples showing which was awfully cute.

“Do you really think so?” I laughed, looking into his chocolate eyes.

“Yes, yes I do,” he answered, crawling up closer to me and snuggling up to me. This felt so amazing, was it normal for friends to hug ever so often? To complement each other in so many ways? I do not want to believe that it is friendly. I wish it was something more. For once, I really wish it was.