PART TWO

AFTER ABOUT TWELVE MINUTES of waiting for Cameron to get dressed and come downstairs, I decided to check on him

AFTER ABOUT TWELVE MINUTES of waiting for Cameron to get dressed and come downstairs, I decided to check on him. "Cameron, are you dressed yet? It's been twelve minutes." No answer. I opened the door and peeked my head in, only to see him laying back in his bed.

"I'm dying."

"No you're not." I walked over to him and pulled off the covers, only to reveal Cameron in a fresh outfit. "So you got up, got dressed... and laid back in bed?" He nodded, tiredly.

The phone rang. I reached for it, only to have my arm pulled back by Cameron. "Don't answer it."

"I have to, otherwise he'll keep calling." He sighed, resting his eyes. "Frye residence. I wonder, who on Earth could be calling?"

"Where is he?"

"Paul McCartney? Being handsome, I suppose."

"Haha." He laughed, sarcastically. "Everyone knows George was the best looking Beatle."

"Okay, seriously? I beg to differ. Have you seen-"

"Are you guys arguing over the Beatles? You know they broke up like fifteen years ago, right? We were barely alive." Cameron argued.

"Let a woman dream, Cam." I sighed.

"Look, Cameron, are you coming or not?" Cameron groaned in response. "I'm serious, man, this is ridiculous. Making me wait around the house for you."

"Why can't you let me rot in peace?"

"Cameron, this is my ninth sick day. If I get caught, I won't graduate. I'm not doing this for me, I'm doing it for you." He paused, probably expecting a response from Cameron. "Think about the secret. You wouldn't want her to know, would you?"

"He's telling me later today, anyway." I spoke proudly from beside the phone.

"What?" Ferris' voice was filled with shock and confusion. "Cameron, you're gonna tell her?"

"I never said that. I said maybe."

"No, you said if I control Ferris, you'll tell me." I corrected him.

"Yeah right. Even if I behaved myself, you don't have the guts."

"Oh yea?" Cameron sat back up. "Sarah, I-" He cut himself off once he realized what he was doing, and laid back down.

"Cameron, if you're not over here in fifteen minutes, you can find a new bestfriend."

"Hey, I'm his bestfriend." I crossed my arms, turning to look at Cameron, my expression softening. "Right?"

"You're both my bestfriend." The line went dead.

"You're both my bestfriend." I mocked under my breath.