{12}

"So; to put it straight, you are actually being selfless?" Miya deadpanned, looking straight at Hayashi. It'd been a few days since you last spoke to him, and he had just proposed an idea to his own friend group.

"Shut up, I just think she needs to know the truth about her new boyfriend" he scoffed.

"Well she didn't believe me when I tried to talk to her" Miya crossed her arms, rolling her eyes.

"She didn't dismiss you though, she did go talk to Hayashi afterwards, it's not like she didn't believe you at all" Yamazuki declared, putting his hand on the girls shoulder.

"Yeah and would you believe it if someone said Oikawa punched them in the face? Without proof?" Fukada backed the boy up.

"I... I guess you're right, it's Just annoying since we're looking for her best interest, unlike him" Miya's tone softened, though she grimaced at the thought of Iwaizumi.

"Well then we'll stay friends with her, and slowly get her to learn the truth" Hayashi spoke.

"I can't believe you're being so level headed and empathetic, it's almost as if you like her" yamazuki nudged his friend's arm, wiggling his brows.

"I don't like her" the respective boy unconsciously looked at the girl opposite him, Miya missing the love struck gaze the high schooler accidentally sent her.

~~~~

After a discussion and long phone call you and Miya resolved your issue, her blaming the scene on a mis-communication, which you happily accepted - more so to just have your friend's back, giving you more friends other than just Makki, who'd you'd grown very close to since the discovery of his second Instagram meme account.

The next few weeks seemed blissful, almost too perfect, you finally had a stable group of friends, a textbook perfect boyfriend (in your eyes) and some growing popularity. Of course Iwaizumi was metaphorically under your mother's nose, which actually made the relationship more exciting.

"How many eggs should I get?" Iwaizumi asked, pushing the shopping cart through the supermarket aisle.

"Depends, I'd say 6" you shrugged, watching him grab some off the shelves.

You'd dragged him to the nearest grocery store after being worried for his bare cupboards and fridge, hoping to get the volleyball player on a better diet but also liking being so domestic with him.

"You should cook your Dad a meal, since he's been working so hard" you told him, pushing the trolley to catch up with him.

"What should I cook? Tofu?"

"Yeah that sounds good" you smiled, and after placing the eggs in the cart Hajime walked behind you, encasing you between him and the trolley and placing his hands on top of yours to push it forwards.

"You're crushing me dumbass" you laughed, your stomach hitting the cart again and your back rebounding onto his sculpted abdomen.

"Good" he smiled back, wrapping his arms around your torso then burying his nose into your collarbone.

"Come on" you giggled, moving your arm so his chin could rest in the crook of your elbow, then twisting your wrist to ruffle his hair.

"Y/n? Wow fancy seeing you here" Akari, your neighbour, appeared behind an aisle, pushing her own cart.

"Oh, hi" you felt your heart drop, while Akari wasn't that close to your mother, you knew she could talk, and if she mentioned the high school boy you were with to said woman you'd be in deep deep shit.

"How have you been dear? Your mother mentioned you're in your final year of high school" your stomach churned the more the conversation dragged on, Iwaizumi sensed your discomfort and wrapped his arms around you again in an attempt to calm you down - ironically worsening the problem.

You gave monosyllabic answers, waiting for the chatter box to be satisfied, and once she was simple farewell words were spoken and you both continued with your respective tasks.

"You okay?" Hajime asked you, seeing your head drop.

"Yeah, she's just a lot to deal with, and she tells everyone everything" you cursed internally, you let your guard down.

"That's okay isn't it? I'm not that embarrassing to be seen with am I?" He joked.

"No it's not that, it just- it doesn't matter" you smiled convincingly, embarrassed that at 17 you still had a mother who would be against you in a relationship.

Hajime was reluctant to accept your blatantly fake smile, and best believe he'd go to more depths to loiter round your house, and now this other woman's house after this unusual greeting.

Why was she so nervous?

•*•*•*• a few days later *•*•*•*

"Oh, l/n, hello" Akari greeted your mother, who happened to take out the trash at the same time as her.

"Hello Akari" your mother politely smiled, internally rolling her eyes at the long winded conversation she'd undoubtedly have.

"I just spoke to y/n the other day! She seems well"

"Oh really, she didn't mention it" that was a red flag, you always mentioned talking to the neighbours.

"Yeah, at the grocery shop, she was with her boyfriend. They seem like a lovely young couple. I mean the guy was a strapping young lad. And of course y/n is very pretty isnt she. Anyway-" the woman had a longer monologue, and your mom also thought she mis heard this overload of information.

"Hold on, y/n was with her... boyfriend?"

•*•*•*•*•*•*•

A/N: Skfkdkdkd shits about to go down.

Pls pls vote or comment it means so much <3 I love it when yall interact.