31 || Eavesdropping

Start from the beginning

     He sprinted to the building and to its side, climbing up and gently landing on a second-floor balcony.

     "What are you doing?" Candy asked. Valor glanced into an empty room before responding, "Trying to get somewhere I can hear."

     "Well, the second floor seems empty. Do you think it'd be safe if he goes in there?" Editor asked. Mystery hummed, "I'm not sure... I think it's up to Valor."

     Valor considered it but shook his head. He couldn't be sure it'd be safe, and he didn't have his weapon of choice.

     Crouching down, Valor leaned his ear against the cold brick and strained his hearing.

     "Just find something." A raspy voice demanded. There was a second of clicking, what Valor assumed was a keyboard.

     "There, sir." An echoed voice responded. There was another second of clicking. The raspy voice laughed, "Perfect, Kurogiri!" 

      "So, do we attack then? It is a bit soon, isn't it?" The voice Valor assumed was 'Kurogiri' asked.

     "If we wait too long, we'll miss our chance. We strike at U.S.J." 

     'Kurogiri' hummed, "Yes, but there will be a large number of heroes and heroes in training there, too. I'm simply asking if you think attacking with so many opponents is a good idea."

     The other person waited to respond. When they did, there was a dangerous edge in their voice, "Gather everyone you can. We will attack with all that we have."

     "Everyone?"

     "I want to outnumber those heroes and wannabes ten to one on Tuesday. And I want to see them realize how hopeless it is for them to even try to fight back."

     He laughed madly, and Valor felt his heart drop. 

     "Yes, sir."

     There was what sounded like a door creaking open, and Valor backed away from the front door on impulse.

     "Get out of there, come to the shed." Mystery told him. Valor glanced down at the rotting wooden door, debating fighting the strange people then and there. After all, he might not see them until they come back in their dozens, or maybe even hundreds.

    "I saw what he did to the lock. To the gate. Don't try anything without back-up." Mystery reinforced their demand firmly. It was an unusually strict tone for them, and Valor decided not to push it.

     "Okay. But you better get some Caprisuns ready for me." He joked, jumping up to the roof and dashing away from the run-down street, vaguely following the direction of Mei's house.

     At the shed, three teens sat idly at a table, waiting for Mei to return to them. By then, Midoriya had taken off his uniform and was twisting his staff in his hand quietly. He'd taken a seat inside of the shed in wait, but his eyes stared off, not at the wall, but through it, and into something else. He was thinking about the missing child and wondering how long they'd been gone. A morbid thought, but he was worried, for her and the other people on those papers that had flown by him that evening. 

     Shinsou, on the other end of the shed, mulled over scenarios in his mind, and Togeike seemed to eat away her thoughts with a bag of chips.

     "So," Shinsou started, pulling the other's attention, "Are you going to fight them, uh, Tuesday?"

     Midoriya looked away from his friend, twirling the staff in his fingers again. He didn't answer, because the question had already been answered. He was a vigilante. It was his job.

     Togeike sighed, then choked on the chips she'd been eating. She coughed for a while, and Shinsou slowly patted her back.

     "Oh- Okay, ehm- uh..." Togeike calmed down with an awkward laugh, "I say go for it. No matter what, we'll be here watching you."

     Midoriya smiled, "Mei's rubbing off on you, creep." 

     Togeike shook her head, "You know what I meant, short-stuff."

     "And it still sounded weird, dumbasses." Shinsou spoke up, spinning around in Mei's chair, which he'd stolen while she was away.

     "Language."

     The door opened and Mei bounded in, arms full of various snacks, from Reeses to Pixie Sticks.

      "Lunch. Dinner. Linner. Now, let's talk," She paused, doing a bit of jazz hands and dropping all of the sweets onto the floor, "Game plan!"

aha it's my birthday fuckers lmao, that means I can get away with not proofreading and having a short part after a month lmao
also, unrelated to the fic, doesn't determine anything to do with internet sensation, but pick a number 1-17{|1367 words|}