Chapter Five, Council Meeting

Start from the beginning

Once she'd finished the book and Jayden had stopped wanting to touch the textures, she looked up only to notice she had been joined on the blanket by her two best friends Leah Clearwater and Cara Call and Leah's younger brother, Seth, who was pulling faces at Jayden making him giggle.
"Hey Le-Le, Cara." Margot smiled happily, leaning over to hug them but being careful so Jayden doesn't fall off her lap.
"Hey Mar." Leah and Cara returned, hugging their best friend tightly.
"You okay!" Leah asked concerned.
"And do you know what this is all about?" Cara asked. "No one will tell us anything."
"I'm fine. How're you two? And you wouldn't believe it if I was the one to tell you." Margot revealed, intriguing and confusing her friends more.

Before the two girls could open their mouths to complain Billy whistled, signalling everyone to gather around the bonfire.
"I know most of you are curious as to why we have gathered here tonight." Billy started, once everyone had taken their seats on the chairs, blankets and logs. "The truth is; we should have told you all this from the very beginning and all I can say is how sorry we are, especially to those who have had to go through this alone and the consequences of that." Billy said sadly, sending an apologetic look to the pack and to Emily who was permanently scarred as a result of their lack of interference. "The Legends you have all grown up knowing are true. Certain members of our tribe are able to access the magic in our blood and are able to shift into our powerful spirit warrior; the wolf.

It happens when a Cold One moves into town starting the transition. Your hunger and appetite grows causing you to become taller and more muscular and once the physical changes have been completed, your anger grows and the fever sets in. Once that starts it takes a few days of a continual fever, you're angry and on edge and before you know it; you shift. Either by an overpowering anger or other strong emotion, or the danger increasing." Billy explained, looking around the bonfire to see everyone was listening raptly.
"If this is all true, Dad, why are you telling us this now?" Jacob asked, confused.
"As you know from the Legends, there have only been males of the tribe that shift. But that is no longer the case -" Billy started, but Leah and Cara interrupted him.
"Margot is the first female shifter, isn't she?" They asked, putting the pieces together from when their sister in all but blood was 'sick'.

"Yes." Billy agreed. "Sam was the first to shift and because of our inaction, or late interference he lost control, and Emily was standing too close. He hurt his Imprint because we kept our silence, did we learn from this? No, I'm ashamed to say we did not. Next was Jared to shift and thankfully nothing happened. And then to our surprise Margot started going through the changes and she shifted in the woods next to Forks High. She had just managed to get away. When she realised what had happened and what could have happened to Jayden if she happened to turn too close to him she lost control and attacked Jared and Sam in wolf form, beating them up pretty badly. A mothers instinct is something so strong that it was magnified trice fold by Margot shifting as her wolf sees Jayden as her Cub.

Then Paul shifted after he got angry at the danger both Margot and Jayden had been put in. He too attacked Jared and Sam, and when Margot and Paul had control of their now shorter tempers they brought this to our attention. I have never seen them so angry. Which brings us to now. With Margot shocking us, Leah, Cara there is a very good chance that you two may very well shift as well. As for you boys," Billy said, looking at his son, Embry, Seth and Quil. "You all will most definitely shift and deserve to know the truth. If any of you feel the change starting to happen you are to speak to your parents, myself, or any member of the pack immediately. You're not alone." He finished.
"HOW CAN YOU DO THAT TO THEM?" Jacob, Leah and Cara shouted, Embry, Quil and Seth adding their own shouts to the mix.

Everyone in the tribe was extremely protective of Margot and Jayden after what has happened to them. They were also angry over what Emily has gone through and now has to live with.
"SHUT IT!!" Margot roared, effectively shutting everyone up as Paul tried to soothe a crying Jayden. "Yes, I get you are all pissed but what's happened to us is now in the past. Paul and I didn't want it happening to you so we got them to call this meeting. But stop with the shouting, you are upsetting my son!" Margot snarled dangerously towards the end.
"Sorry Mar." Seth apologised, bounding over to pull faces at Jayden getting tearful giggles from her baby boy.
"Sorry Margot."
"Just... go home, calm down and think about what's been said. Also I Imprinted today." Margot added, once everything was calm or rather calmer.

"That's wonderful, sweetheart." Cora beamed, hugging her daughter. "Was it-?"
"Yes. It was Jasper Hale. He's my Imprint and I'm his True Mate as you told me." Margot revealed.
"I'll arrange a meeting with Carlisle and speak to both him and Jasper. Don't worry no one will separate you from your mate, Margot." Billy assured her, noticing her worried look.
"No, we just want to make sure he knows the rules, and will look after my Princess and my little Prince. We may even allow only him on the Rez so it'll be less of a strain on your bond but that's not certain." Jamie added, wrapping his arms around his daughter as well, giving everyone else a fierce glare.

"Dad!" Margot complained, rolling her eyes but she had a happy smile on her face.
"Of course we wouldn't." Jared said, looking affronted.
"It would be excruciating for her and cruel to do so. Plus, she's my little sister. No way would I allow anyone to hurt her." Sam swore.
"That's settled then. Once I arrive home I'll call Carlisle." Billy stated, setting the ball rolling for a change between the two supernatural beings. And perhaps an end to the struggle and silent war between them.