Chapter One, First Sight, First Lesson

Start from the beginning

Apparently, Riggs has done this before to numerous other women and when the women press charges and get him sent to prison the family step in and bribe anyone they could to get the child taken away from the mother and given to them, only for the Riggs family to put the child up for a closed adoption so the mother would never ever see her child again. Well, she'll be damned if she let that happen to Margot. She was going to make sure the whole rotten and monstrous family got sent down. Picking up the extremely large file she'd made she made her way to her boss, Chief Charlie Swan's office and knocked on the door.
"Come in." Charlie called. "Ahh, Claire. How're you settling in?" He asked kindly, despite being stressed at trying to find something on the Riggs family.

"Very well thank you. But I have something you'll be very interested in seeing." Claire said, handing him the file.
"How did you find all this? It's amazing and could truly send those bastards away for life." Charlie said, hope shining in his eyes.
"I was a Deputy in Alaska and the Sheriff there was always sour they'd gotten away. They were in Alaska before we moved there. He helped me piece things together and sent over what I worked on while I was there." Claire said, giving a little white lie.
"Well done. I've got to give this to Jamie. Can you hold down the fort until either I or Deputy Jameson gets back. Oh, there's definitely a promotion in the bag for you. Well done Claire." Charlie said proudly.
"Of course, go." Claire said, smiling as she felt very satisfied with herself. She knew this would be a weight off Margot's shoulders, off of her friends and families and off of Jasper's. She was just glad she could help her family.

***

As Margot was walking over to Paul who was standing by their motorbike waiting to take her home to her precious baby boy, she got a phone call from their father.
"Hi Dad." Margot greeted with a smile.
"Hi sweetheart. How was your first day? I've also got some news." Jamie told her.
"It was okay. Started out rough due to a kid of his lawyers, but after that it was okay. What news?" Margot asked nervously, putting the phone to her other ear so Paul could hear.
"I'm sorry that happened sweetheart but they won't be a problem anymore. Claire Cullen found some serious dirt on not just him but the whole family, Chief Swan gave it to me just after lunch. I've taken it to the judge and they've scheduled an emergency court case." Jamie explained eagerly.

"Really?" Paul asked hopefully.
"Yes. He's going to be sent away and the court case is on Friday at noon so you'll need to get time off for it." Jamie told both his children. Of course he knew Paul was listening, the twins barely left each other's sides - even more so now after what happened to Margot.
"Okay, I'll speak to the Principal tomorrow. He wasn't in today and the Deputy is dealing with the Mallory siblings." Margot said happily, looking up she caught the eyes of one Jasper Hale who smiled at her causing Margot to smile back.
"Okay. Well, I've got to go but I'll see you both tonight. Drive safe and love you two. Oh, Friday take the Impala, not your bike.

It should be finished with the MOT by then but I'll check on my way home." Jamie added.
"Thanks Dad. Drive safe too and love you too." The twins replied before they hung up.
"This is amazing. I knew we'd win. Now, let's get you home to Jay who is probably driving Leah mad asking for you." Paul said, hugging his sister before climbing onto the bike.
"Hold on." Margot said, before she walked over to the Cullen's. "Hi, sorry for stopping you on your way home but could you possibly thank your aunt, Claire for me please?" She asked.
"Why?" Edward asked shrewdly, only for Emmett to slap him around the head.

"Sorry about him. He's being rude to everyone today for some reason." Emmett apologised, sending a glare at him.
"Of course, Ma'am." Jasper agreed, his thick southern accent giving her butterflies but she mentally slapped her head. "I hope everything is alright?"
"Thank you. And it will be now. She'll know what I'm thanking her for. Have a good evening." Margot said, before she walked back over to her brother- put on the helmet and climbed on. Once she was secure Paul took off heading towards the Reservation and home. It only took the twins twenty minutes to get home and soon they were pulling up outside their white two storey house.

As they were climbing off and taking off their helmets Leah came out to greet them with a crying Jayden in her arms, who immediately stopped as soon as he saw his mother.
"Mama." Jayden said happily, reaching for her.
"He's been fine all day. It was only in the last five minutes or so that he started crying." Leah assured her best friend, who eagerly took her son and started kissing all over his face making the baby laugh. As Leah watched her best friend she couldn't help but feel sad and still feel guilty over what had happened to her - what was still happening to her. If she had a Time Turner and could turn it back to that moment and go to the bathrooms with Margot she would, but she can't.
"Thank you Lee-Lee." Margot said gratefully, smiling at her best friend. "Hey, stop feeling guilty. It wasn't your fault or Cara's." She added firmly.

"Especially as he and his whole rotten family are now being sent down for life come Friday." Paul added happily, taking Margot's bag out of the compartment.
"Seriously?" Leah asked hopefully.
"Yep. That monster is finally being sent down for good for hurting my baby sister, even if I would like to hurt him a little. And Margot's right; you and Cara need to stop blaming yourselves." Paul said, just as firmly.
"How about we watch Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone to celebrate?" Margot asked.
"I'll get the popcorn ready." Paul replied.
"And I'll set it up while you bond with Jay." Leah added, as they entered the house. Margot kicked off her heels by the door before heading to the sofa to relax and cuddle her baby boy. Things were finally looking up.