Chapter Twenty Two

Start from the beginning

"Well, yeah..."

"Going into Zarkon's ship is a suicide mission," Kolivan said. "I would never command someone so inexperienced to go on a mission so dangerous, much less two people."

"No one's commanding us," Millie said. "We're doing it."

"Pidge, get that pod ready," Shiro commanded after a moment of silence. "Keith, Millie... let me know when you're you're your way. I'll give you cover."

-☆-☆-☆-

"The cloaking device is ready to go," Pidge said.

"Pidge." Allura's voice rang out from the doorway to the hangar. "May I have a moment alone with Keith and Millie?"

Pidge looked between them. "Yeah, of course. Have all the moments you like."

Allura took a deep breath before approaching Keith. "I'd just like to say... the Galra. They've done terrible things. Destroyed entire civilizations. They've taken my family from me." She looked down, putting a hand on the back of her neck. "But, over time, I've come to think of you guys as my family. So, when i learned you were Galra, I didn't know what to think. I wanted to hate you."

"Allura, it's--"

"But it's not you, it's me. My anger has blinded me for too long. I'm so sorry I've misjudged you. You've proven to me that it's not what's in your blood, but what's in your heart that counts." She rushed forwards and hugged him, dragging Millie into the hug. "Both of you, please come back to us."

"We will," Keith reassured her."

They both climbed in the pod once Allura left, taking off after Shiro asked them if they were ready.

"Engaging cloaking device now," Keith told him. "Moving towards the fleet."

"I don't see you, but I'm locked on your signal. I'll clear a path."

As he said, Shiro did clear a oath, and the two crashed into the tunnel starting them on their way, crashing into and taking out a few sentries as they did. Keith got out and destroyed the last two.

-☆-☆-☆-

Millie looked inside a door as they ran, seeing a strange Pokémon in a cage.

"You continue on," she told Keith. "I'll catch up."

"What's wrong?" Keith asked.

"Nothing, just go. We can't waste any more time." Keith hesitantly nodded and she went into the room.

She looked around, spotting a strange Pokéball that must've belonged to the Pokémon, and she grabbed it.

"Hey buddy," she said, cautiously opening the cage. The Pokémon backed up, whimpering as she got closer, obviously having some sort of trauma from being in the clutches of the Galra. "I'm gonna help help out, okay? I won't hurt you."

She stuck out her hand, the Pokémon putting its weird helmet closer to her and sniffing her before cautiously putting its axe-like crest in her hand, purring.

She put it in its Pokéball, going to the bookshelves and pulling out a bunch of official-looking papers before scanning them.

"Type: Null, huh?" she muttered to herself. "Weird name. I'll call you Chimera," she announced. She looked over, seeing a bunch of small disks that she took and stuffed in a wrist compartment, before running off, ready to join Keith.

She approached the big door that would lead to where Keith was, the door opening to let her see Keith pointing a gun at her, a Galra working behind him.

"Millie?" he asked. He ran up to her and hugged her.

"What's going on?" she asked.

"This is Thace," Keith said, introducing the Galra to her. "They changed the pass code so we're working on a workaround."

"We need to shut down and reset the computer," Thace explained. "But it would take a huge surge of electricity to one time to do that."

"I got it," Millie said, releasing Dallas. "Thunder Fang!"

-☆-☆-☆-

The door suddenly blasted open, sentries piling in just as fast as Keith could blast them. He blasted along the crystal hanging over the door, making it fall and block the exit.

"That solves one problem, but now we're trapped in here," Keith said.

"No, we're not," Thace said. "There's an exit through the main power conduit. It leads to the second deck. Go. Now."

"What about you?" Millie asked.

"We're not leaving you," Keith insisted.

"You must. I will shut down the system." He got grim. "This is where my journey ends, but as Paladins of Voltron, you two have a bigger mission. You must understand that."

Everyone was silent for a second.

"It was an honor to fight with you," Millie said finally. Keith grunted in agreement, obviously not happy with the arrangement.

Keith handed him the gun as the crystal exploded, and both of them jumped down, using their jetpack to slow their descent. They reached the bottom, rushing to the exit and pulling up their shields as the explosion vaught up to them at the end.

The red lion came over and scooped them up, and Keith took Millie to the castle, getting her to her lion before both of them flew out, going through the wormhole with the rest of the Paladins.

They formed Voltron, and they were ready.