It was another difference between Seattle Meredith and New York Meredith that Addison took note of. It seems like the New York version of Meredith was more uptight and sure, very different from the rambling mess of an intern she met years prior.

She noticed framed pictures lining up on a shelf. There were all pictures of Meredith, one when she was still a little girl with her front tooth missing, the others were of her graduating university and med school, and some formal photos that clearly were shot by a professional photographer.

There were two pictures that caught her eyes though, one was a picture of who seems to be a young Jackson Avery whose arm was wrapped around a young Meredith, both were smiling at the camera, behind them was a huge lake and snowy mountains, it looks like the picture was taken in Switzerland.

She never thought that the two doctors were close, because they didn't act like they were back in Seattle. Although there were moments when she saw that the two talked in low whispers and were sometimes sharing inside jokes, they were lost in their own world.

'Why would they hide their relationship?' Addison thought. Why would they keep it a secret from everybody else?

She then remembered how the blonde referred to Avery as Jackie, and how the staff knew about the young man. 'So there is someone from Seattle who knows this side of Meredith' she thought. She would have asked about their relationship had her attention not been stolen by another picture.

It was another picture of Meredith who was wearing a white dress, with two men wearing suits. Meredith was sitting down on a chair, while the two men were behind her, both of which had one hand on the woman's shoulders. One of the men looked older, with gray hair and a beard with sharp blue eyes. The other man was tall and lean, he had brown hair and clear green eyes.

Even with the powerful aura that surrounds the men, they smiled widely at the camera as Meredith laughed happily. The redhead wonders who the two men were, they were oddly familiar, it's like she saw them before somewhere.

Her thoughts were cut off by Meredith's voice, "So, this is my bedroom, if you need anything you could find me here." She was standing in the middle of the room watching the redhead who was busy looking at the pictures. Meredith knows that Addison has a lot of questions in her head, but she kept silent, choosing to not talk about it yet.

The two women then walked out of the room, and down the hallway. Meredith pointed at another door, the one beside hers "This is Jackson's room, the one I told you about earlier." The blonde opened the door, and inside was a room bigger than Addison's but smaller than Meredith's. It was very masculine, from the dark green interior to the musky scent that could be smelled throughout the room.

Addison saw that there were more pictures inside the room, two of which were of both Meredith and Jackson. One picture was of the two during sunset, Meredith was on Jackson's back, arms wrapped around his shoulder, smiling brightly as they looked at each other and behind them was a private jet. They looked so carefree and light hearted.

The redhead doesn't know why but the picture made her a little jealous, as if she wants to be the person Meredith travels and laughs with. Not that she'd admit that to herself and to anyone, especially not to the blonde of course.

She looked at the other framed photo, this time there was an old woman with them, and it was taken in the garden of someone's house. The picture was clearly captured without the three people noticing as they were busy laughing.

"You and Avery are very close then huh?" said Addison, still eyeing the photograph. The blonde smiled slightly, eyes a little glazed as she too looked at the picture. Picking the framed photo up she replied softly "Yeah we are, we've been friends since we were little, we went to the same schools and shared hotel rooms when we went with our mothers to medical conferences." Meredith placed the photo down before she continued "We bonded over our surgeon mothers and the legacy and power that comes with our blood and name. We basically grew up together."