Ch. 16 - Panic Attack

Start from the beginning

sooo, who's all ready for thanksgiving aka MY FAVORITE HOLIDAY - Nick

i can't wait to see everybody. -Micheal

awww mic actually loves us - Gaberial

shut up - Micheal

and here i thought he totally forgot about us in New York with all his preppy friends -Elliot

arent you all of you guys either in college or about to graduate college? so techinally you all left me first -Micheal

My phone started ringing, and the Caller ID surprised me.

Damien.

Damien was calling me, and I quickly pressed the green button.

"Hey, Damien," I said, nervously.

I don't know why I'm so nervous.

"Micheal..." Damien said between quick breaths.

Concern flooded through me, and I quickly asked,"Damien, what's wrong?"

"I think I'm having a...panic attack," Damien quickly shot out.

"Okay I'm on my way. Where are you?" I asked, running into the mud room. I slid on my slides and a jacket before entering the elevator.

"....ice hockey ring at the school."

"Okay I'm on my way now. Damien, I need you to take deep, slow breaths, okay? I need you to do that," I asked, walking to the car garage.

My driver was already standing there like always. He quickly got I got he driver's seat with me in pursuit. I told him the instructions, and he drove off towards the school.

"It's not working," Damien said as his breathing became even quicker.

"Okay, okay. We are going to try another method. What are five things you can see?" I asked, remembering a technique Jordan taught me when I used to get really bad panic attacks.

"....ice, my hockey stick, a net.....a puck, seats, and the school's logo," Damien answered, making me nod.

"Okay, now what are four things you can physically touch?"

"..ice, my clothes, my phone, and my hockey skates."

"Good, good. What about three things you can hear?"

"Janitors cleaning the locker room.......,the air conditioner, and your voice."

My heart fluttered at that, but I focused on te task at hand.

"Two things you can smell?"

"Ice and sweat."

His breathing has even out now, and I'm certain that his panic attack has finished its course.

"And what's one thing you can taste?"

"Mint."

"You're going to be okay, Damien. I'm about two minutes away, but I'm going to stay on the line with you."